Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Extending an Optus wingle

I have an Optus wingle (either a ZTE MF920V, ar a Huawei E8372, or it's both, just different names).  It hangs in the bathroom window and talks to the tower at Ballan, Victoria, about 15 km distant, up hill and down dale.  I am very happy with it, I get enough download speed to run Netflix, Youtube, etc.  And the monthly data allowance is 200Gb which is more than enough.

But our house is large'ish and double brick, inside and out, so I want to extend the wingle signal, since it doesn't quite reach everywhere.  I've been playing around with some old WIFI routers/modems, but haven't been able to set up anything as an additional AP.

Is there another gadget/widget I can buy that would do the job?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Extending an Optus wingle

Hi

I've been using a TP Link travel router to extend the signal of my old vivid wireless modem Hauwei B525 when in my caravan and it works well and is ready to set up. Costs less than $50 from eBay so may be worth a look.

https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr902ac/?utm_medium=select-local

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy