Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor revo
Occasional Contributor

Re: Excessive data

Good grief, this is Optus customer sercvice..."I don't want to talk to you about it or any one else, just go to some page that doesn't answer anything" about my concern. You creeps are calculating data at three times the amount of other networks......I have only been with Optus for four days and it is the worst mistake I have ever made, You data calculations are so horrible....and have checked it out on line and I am not the only one complaing about it, This crap with this comany  has been going on for at least 3 years now....I want out of this company, I feel like I have been scammed, I am very unsatisfied with your product and the non solutions you have come up with....I have paid for the modem outright, I am only on a sim only plan...you did not supply any equipment free of charge to be on a contract (even that is a scam)....I want not to be part of you or your company.

I want OUT without any fees...I came to you in good faith and trusted you...you haven't!

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It does sound a little blunt, but Ray is just noting that issues relating to data usage can't be resolved in the forum. If you want to persue the matter you'll need to do it at the contact points mentioned.

You should possibly try do some proper tests on data usage. Turn off the phone over night. The Next day download say 500Mb or more of a known file size. Wait for the usage to register and see how Optus records the data on their end. 

As for finishing up, if you are on month to month then you should be able to request that any time without penalty (just not in the forum)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor revo
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Peter, I will give it a go what you said and see what comes from it (hopefully this reply didn't cost me a couple of Gigs)

Cheers buddy

0 Kudos
New Contributor TimBob3
New Contributor

I have also moved across to Optus this year (from Vaya). My previous data was 1.5gb and I rarely went close to over. With Optus I have used my 3gb data consistently despite no longer streaming any videos. They said that I used 1.3gb on Facebook the other day - I was only on for 1 hr total (on the way to and from work). Ridiculous!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos