Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Leyein8
New Contributor

E5573 Huawei Modem

Cannot connect to internet with E5573 modem. Both signal and battery lights are slowly flashing green. I have tried connecting the modem to my laptop and pulling up the Optus configuration page. It is not recognising a signal to connect to. I have recently re-activated a SIM I already have. Optus customer service have assured me that my SIM cards are active. Is this a modem issue? I have tried pressing the reset button on the modem.

11 Replies
Occasional Contributor Simonn
Occasional Contributor

Re: E5573 Huawei Modem

Is the usb modem from optus, they can be network locked? best to check with optus on live chat to confirm the device is active and has been locked. The usb modems also have codes applied to them so depending what type of optus 3g internet service you are connecting to you will need to also confirm your device has the right codes.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Moderator Marie

Hey Leyein8 🙂

I'm so sorry we hadn't gotten back to you, I'm unsure why you post hadn't come up in our system 😞

You're most welcome to PM us with your details and we'd love to check it out.

To confirm have you tried a new SIM card just in case that one is faulty as they do ware out over time.

Cheers

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi, 

What's the specific model of your Huawei E5573? I think the modem didn't find the fastest network, so you may need manually search the LTE network and register for surfing. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor liv88
New Contributor

Hi, just wondering if you found a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem.

New Contributor BassAddict
New Contributor

I've got an issue with my E5573 Huawei Modem. When I chose to recharge it, the page is displaying that an update is available. When I try to log in, it says that either the username or password is incorrect, which is funny due to the fact I talked with OPTUS customer support yesterday, and they told me to reset the device, incase I forgot that I changed those settings, which I hadn't. And I haven't changed the settings since the reset.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Gabes18
Occasional Contributor

So am I - a huge hassle trying to connect to the net with this Huawei E55573  $G modem: comnstantly dropping in and out; getting messages that device not plugged in, or network unavailable - in spite of being told by sales I had "very good" signal. It's Russian roulette and a Mexican standioff every day. Not worth very limited data and terrible service to save $25 a month.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Gabes18, it sounds like you might be having network issues, but we'd need to run through troubleshooting first. Check out the online guides here. If the issues persist, I'd advise raising a case for investigation with Tech Support.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor catherine1992
New Contributor

I am having the exact same issue. This morning my modem had no signal (red light) and full battery (green light). I reset the modem as advised by customer service and now both lights are flashing green. there is no wifi network to connect to and I'd tried everything I can think of to fix it. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Moderator Wesley-J

Hey catherine1992 - have you run through all the troubleshooting via Toomeys link above? I would also advise organising a SIM replacement in-store to see if that may resolve your issue. SIM replacements won't cost you anything.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors