Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
steamboat
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

E5573 4G . . . hopeless!!!

OK here goes.

We had the phone line damaged so no phone or internet.
Raced down to the shops and compared Telstra/Vodafone/Optus.
Best deal was with Optus as far as data plan costs.
I told the staff that I needed it for the home to use 4G for all our gear.
They looked on the coverage chart and GUARANTEED me that it will be fine

especially after asking them how it will go inside the home, again "YEAH NO PROBLEM"

Biggest waste of time and money I have ever invested.

90% of the time i have red light for 4G, lucky if it flicks on to yellow.
Had the odd time I had a green light and with this I still had to have the device with me when roaming from one end

of the house to the other to get connection on diff devices.
No way could I have it in the lounge and get coverage 15m away in the office (almost direct line of sight! pathetic!)

So we now have service again as cable got fixed.
Thought I'll try the WIFI extender option.
AGAIN USELESS!
Go to settings have extender turned on and try searching for signal........NOTHING
And that's me sitting right next to my router/modem.

I asked when I bought it if Optus have a service guarantee and basically said NUP.
If you buy the data plan that's it we can't refund if it doesn't work.

SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH VODAFONE, at least they offered full refund if it didn't work.

Not happy Jan.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gen_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: E5573 4G . . . hopeless!!!

Hey steamboat - very sorry to hear of the experience you've had. Have you since contacted the store to see if they can offer you a refund based on the lack of 4G your experiencing? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
steamboat
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No I haven't as I did asked that question when I purchased the unit and data.
The unit was $49 but the data sim was $130 which is the main expense here!
They especially said that the data/plan cannot be refunded.
I suppose the cost for the E5573 could be but what do I do then????

0 Kudos
Guy
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I'd recommend heading back to the store and explaining this. They should be able to check the usage and look into any options. 

0 Kudos
steamboat
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Options as far as full refund or equipment options?
As the only unit they sell was the E5573.

0 Kudos
Guy
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

They can test the equipment if there is a fault. If it is an issue with reception or network then they can discuss refund options.

0 Kudos
AmeeSim
New Contributor
New Contributor

HELP!!!! I’ve just changed from Telstra to Optus. I’ve had no choice but to buy the prepaid modem due to lack of connection. I’ve tried to activate the modem onto the computer I get as far as putting in the SSID number in then when I have to put in the other number required says it doesn’t accept it. When you look for the WIFI connection on the laptop doesn’t even come up with an option for Optus to connect. I’m not the smartest when it comes to most technology, understand it’s probably something simple, but I’m stuck 😊

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @AmeeSim, when you turn on the modem, you should be able to search for the SSID via WiFi on your computer as opposed to typing it in manually. Head to your computer's network connections and there should be an option to automatically search for network. When you see the correct SSID, you should then just need to enter the password to connect.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors