cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor colbunko
Occasional Contributor

Connection not recognised

After migrating from Optus cable to NBN, my nexus 10 tablet will not connect to either 2.4 or 5 ghz band. I have checked latest firmware on router and tablet. EVERY other device in the house is connected fine, but not the tablet. It will connect to my phone when I tether it so I doubt the tablet has a wifi issue. HELP!!!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Connection not recognised

Is your tablet set to get an automatic IP address or a fixed one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Could it be compatibility issue? The version of Android you're using might not be compatible. 

I'm certain that the NEXUS tablet was upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) but hasn't received any updates from Google since. 

If you haven't already, I'd also suggest resetting your Network settings from the settings app:

1. Launch the Settings app 

2. Tap Reset 

3. Scroll down and tap the Reset Network settings option.

4. Tap Reset Settings 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I would assume auto. There is misleading info on supposedly being able to change it, but the options do not appear on mine. Android 5.1.1 and it stopped there.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I have been to network settings and done all that many times. It stopped working last night. I wonder if my Sagecomm 5366 firmware updated last night as it has the latest version in it now and my tablet was connecting until last night. SG4Y1T000085. I have had this tablet for 5 years I guess. Last update looks like 1st April 2016. Why would it suddenly become incompatible?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If by some chance it has become incompatible, then its a problem with the 5366 and not your tablet. I can't see that happening in any case.

In the popup that asks for the wifi password there should be a "Show Advanced Options" box, when that is checked there should be an IP settings section that becomes visible.

Where are you seeing the "Connection not recognised" message?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

When the passwrod box pops up and i check the advanced options box, all I get is proxy. Then the option to change from 'none' to manual or auto-config. I will try them both. The tablet seems to connect for a millisecond, then simply says 'saved' at the network name

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Nope. When I change the proxy to auto or manual, the connect to network box greys out and only the cancel box is able to be checked.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I have even tried a WPS connection, but after I get the message that the WPS was successful and it is now connecting, nothing happens. The screen stays on with the dreaded spinning wheel!

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Leave proxy as none.

The "IP Settings" section should be right below the proxy section, you just need to scroll it into view. there are other sections there like signal strength &  security.  I've never known of those sections not being there on any Android device. If they are really not there then that is very strange.

I've never used WPS, so can't comment on what its supposed to do.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors