cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

HopelessOptus2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Checking my mobile prepaid broadband usage

I'm finding this impossible . Simply checking my balance. 

I can't sign into my account because it requires the use of a password key sent by text.

AND I CANT GET TEXT BECAUSE I AM USING A SEPARATE OPTUS DEVICE  NOT A PHONE TO ACCESS THE INTERNET. THE DEVICE DOES NOT RECEIVE TEXTS. OR IF IT DOES THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS TO SHOW ME HOW. 

AND THE SIM IS ONE OF OPTUS's LARGE SIMS.

IT DOESNT FIT A PHONE!!!!!!!!

WHAT's THE ANSWER?  IS THERE AN ANSWER?

ITS IMPORTANT TO BE ABLE TO CHECK USAGE BECAUSE OF YOUR DEVIOUS CHARGING TECHNIQUE OF CHARGING $10 per GIG FOR ANYHING OVER THE CAP. YOU CHARGE AROUND $70 for 140 gig. BUT IF I EENT OVER ONLY 20GIG IT WOULD ADD $200. OVER 100 gig would add $1000 on one monthly access. 

SO ITS IN YOUR INTERESTS TO MAKE IT HARD FOR ME TO CHECK. 

11 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Checking my mobile prepaid broadband usage

Most mobile broadband devices have an sms feature built into the admin section of the modem and if you have a look at the post below I gave instructions on how to find your balance.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Apple/how-do-i-know-my-pre-paid-wireless-broadband-usage-on-my-desk...

HopelessOptus2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Like so many things with HOPELESS OPTUS IT DIDNT WORK.

Kept telling me there's a server error with I tried to get the security code to sign into my account.

I did use your suggestion to text  using 9999 once I managed to get into my modem. What  a complicated procedure for such a simple request!

I found that I'd used half my allocation just asking simple questions about my account and wasting my time on Optus fake forums. 

So Optus gives me really poor service then charges me half my monthly allocation accessing that poor service.

HopelessOptus2
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I STILL CANNOT GET INTO MY ACCOUNT!

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes the modem administration section can seem a bit complicated the first couple of times you use it however it's a reliable method of checking your data if all else fails.

You should not be charged for using the Optus website if you are using an Optus device as my understanding was that all Optus sites are unmetered.

corbsp
Contributor
Contributor

hello. welcome to the real world. we should not have to go to that much trouble to get usage info. it was once available under one login. now optus have totally stuffed their system and the customer is told nothing.

0 Kudos
JustRob
New Contributor
New Contributor

I also am very frustrated by Optus's in ability to let me check the balance of my mobile broadband. Mine is also a little white device with no possibility of a text/SMS.  Why is it so hard to have a sight and I key in my mobile broadband number and I can see how much data I have used and what I have left. This was once possible on the Optus Zoo login , no more. Come on Optus its 2019 !!!!!!

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there JustRob,

It should be MyAccount

More info can be found on our help and support page: View your Usage

Let us know how you go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
JustRob
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi . Thanks for the possible solution to my mobile broadband usage check. NO SUCCESS. When I log onto the suggested site it only give my residential service combination broadband/phone wich is unlimited. I can not log onto the mobile broadband account.

What has happened to MY ZOO ? In the past all my services we visible ! I have various service via OPTUS but can only view the one. Your tech people are letting down Optus badly ! prices go up services go down !

Cheers

0 Kudos
corbsp
Contributor
Contributor

My similar problem has been resolved. 

Problem occurred because i had a different email address for nbn/ home phone and prepaid mobile phone/mobile wifi. Therefore i had two separate optus accounts.

I now log on to the two accounts using the two differerent email addresses.

I can now also access prepaid mobile usage on the optus app by using the email address relevant to those services.

0 Kudos