Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Checking my mobile prepaid broadband usage

HopelessOptus2

I'm finding this impossible . Simply checking my balance. 

I can't sign into my account because it requires the use of a password key sent by text.

AND I CANT GET TEXT BECAUSE I AM USING A SEPARATE OPTUS DEVICE  NOT A PHONE TO ACCESS THE INTERNET. THE DEVICE DOES NOT RECEIVE TEXTS. OR IF IT DOES THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS TO SHOW ME HOW. 

AND THE SIM IS ONE OF OPTUS's LARGE SIMS.

IT DOESNT FIT A PHONE!!!!!!!!

WHAT's THE ANSWER?  IS THERE AN ANSWER?

ITS IMPORTANT TO BE ABLE TO CHECK USAGE BECAUSE OF YOUR DEVIOUS CHARGING TECHNIQUE OF CHARGING $10 per GIG FOR ANYHING OVER THE CAP. YOU CHARGE AROUND $70 for 140 gig. BUT IF I EENT OVER ONLY 20GIG IT WOULD ADD $200. OVER 100 gig would add $1000 on one monthly access. 

SO ITS IN YOUR INTERESTS TO MAKE IT HARD FOR ME TO CHECK. 

Re: Checking my mobile prepaid broadband usage

Yeldarb

Most mobile broadband devices have an sms feature built into the admin section of the modem and if you have a look at the post below I gave instructions on how to find your balance.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Apple/how-do-i-know-my-pre-paid-wireless-broadband-usage-on-my-desk...

HopelessOptus2

Like so many things with HOPELESS OPTUS IT DIDNT WORK.

Kept telling me there's a server error with I tried to get the security code to sign into my account.

I did use your suggestion to text  using 9999 once I managed to get into my modem. What  a complicated procedure for such a simple request!

I found that I'd used half my allocation just asking simple questions about my account and wasting my time on Optus fake forums. 

So Optus gives me really poor service then charges me half my monthly allocation accessing that poor service.

HopelessOptus2

I STILL CANNOT GET INTO MY ACCOUNT!

Yeldarb

Yes the modem administration section can seem a bit complicated the first couple of times you use it however it's a reliable method of checking your data if all else fails.

You should not be charged for using the Optus website if you are using an Optus device as my understanding was that all Optus sites are unmetered.

corbsp

hello. welcome to the real world. we should not have to go to that much trouble to get usage info. it was once available under one login. now optus have totally stuffed their system and the customer is told nothing.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
14 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
4 Kudos