Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Changed LAN IP and am now unable to access 192.168.0.1 Wi-Fi Configuration Page to fix it

bellali

I was playing around with my LAN IP and other settings in [192.168.0.1 > Advanced Settings > Advanced > LAN] and cannot reverse what I just did. I changed the IP address under LAN because I figured it would fix my minecraft server, but I can't even access 192.168.0.1 anymore. I changed my IP to my public IP address and now everything is unfixable. Can someone help me? All of my addresses have changed, including: my IPv4, Subnet Mask, and Router IP. Help!

Re: Changed LAN IP and am now unable to access 192.168.0.1 Wi-Fi Configuration Page to fix it

Yeldarb

Most modems have a tiny reset button on the back to revert back to the factory settings.

Re: Changed LAN IP and am now unable to access 192.168.0.1 Wi-Fi Configuration Page to fix it

petergdownload

As mentioned do a reset and set your PC to automatically accept an IP address. The default IP address of the modem should be on the sticker on its base.

You can also open a CMD window in Win10 and run the command IPCONFIG /ALL

This will show the IP address of your PC and the gateway it is set to (your modem)

But its probably easier to just reset.

Peter Gillespie

bellali

Hello Peter! Thank you for your reply, however I am using a MacBook Pro and don't have any microsoft or non-apple devices being used at home.

bellali

I've attempted resetting my router, and it has clearly restarted and resetted, but the IP showing on my mac still shows this public IP that I accidentally set it as.

Solution

bellali
I've solved it! I used the router IP displayed in my network settings as a link to my wi-fi's configuration page and it's finally worked. Thanks for everyone's feedback.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
8 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos