Searching...

Mobile

Caller ID has changed

[ Edited ]
BaronBic

I have an issue with Caller ID.

I have Optus NBN with Home Phone

Until recently mobile calls were coming in with the full 04 prefix number. Now they are showing as 6124 prefix, obviously as a result of a software upgrade and therefore caller ID no longer matches with the numbers stored on my home phones.
So I stored the new numbers , but they are no good to use for dialing out as Optus does not recognise the 6124 prefix numbers as valid.
What can I do to resolve this ?

Re: Caller ID has changed

Tano

Hmm, the area code 02 shouldn't be appearing for a mobile number, so the 6124 prefix wouldn't be valid regardless. Can you attempt dialling out one of those saved numbers without the 2 in the prefix for the mobile? That would be my immediate solution to fix. Beyond that, please reach out to our Tech Support team.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
BaronBic

My original post incorrectly included the 2 in the number ie 6124 prefix. It should have read 614, either way the number is no good for storing in the phone for re-use as a dial out number.

Interestingly the latest calls no longer have the 61 prefix included, must have been a gliche in the Optus system?

Shauna

That's an interesting one, @BaronBic. It would seem as if the reason the prefix was initially being included was due to the subsequent software update that you performed. Just to clarify, are you saying that the prefix is no longer appearing with incoming calls? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Darrell

I have a similar issue as well! Almost over night "Caller ID" deactivated and we where left with either No ID or Private on the home phone screen. We have had Caller ID activated for some YEARS now.

What happened. This is my 4th attempt to have this problem rectified! 1st I tried via the "Optus Chat" witch failed me to the extent that I was left without a Phone service for the Day!  2nd I had called Optus direct on my mobile phone and explained my situation and in reply they had told me that my service had been disconnected and that they would have it switched back on and it should be up and running within a few hours! 3rd I then made another attempt at having our service reconnected a few days later when I had time as unable to contact OPTUS direct during working hours and to avoid using the "Optus Chat" option which had caused this mess in the first place. I was again told that it was rectified and that it would be operational within a few hours! Again I am attempting to have an Optus service (which we had for many years without any issues) activated.

Highlighted

Steph_C

Really sorry you've not been able to get this sorted after all your attempts - we're more than happy to take a look if you PM your account info, full name and DOB @Darrell

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
8 Kudos
8 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos