Searching...

Mobile

CG3000-2STAUS

leee

Had my router replaced by the CG3000-2STAUS recently.  Ever since I could not get the WPS button stay on so that the DLink extender could do its job. (had no problem with the old router).  Rang Optus and was told to fix the channel but still theWPS buttuon kept turning itself off after a while.   Optus gave me the Netgear support number.  Rang Netgear and was told it is a Optus problem and did want to help because that model has been mdofied for Optus.  Does anyone have the same problem? What is the solution? 

Re: CG3000-2STAUS

Gen_R

Hey leee - just so we're on the same page, you're referring to a Wi-Fi extended that's not working? It's possible that it's not supported with the new modem. Was it the same as the previous model. Gen 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

leee

The extender is the D-Link N300.  The same one I had all along. 

AlexRH

Hmm, okay, we wouldn't be able to provide support for any third party hardware though we can definitely check our your service on our end - can you please PM me with your username or account number?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

leee

Sorry what is PM again?  

Highlighted

Nghi

Sorry for the confusion. A PM is a private message. You can click on a moderator's name and bring up their profile. From there, you should see a button labelled "Send private message"

When you send/receive private messages they will appear in your inbox. You can access it by clicking on your username on the top-right of the screen and then selecting "Messages"

The WPS button should only be required at the initialisation stage when new equipment is joining the WiFi network. Once your WiFi extenders join the network they will save the WiFi network name and password automatically and won't need to use WPS again. Are you just having problems with the WiFi extenders getting enough signal from the modem?

You can place them closer to the modem so they get a stronger signal. 

leee

Your suggestion of placing the modem closer is no help as the extender is quite capable of getting stong signal when the WPS is on. For some unexpicable reasons the WPS turns itself off after awhile.  I have to go thorugh the same set up routine for the extender to become active. 

Toomey

I use a WiFi Extender at home and we only had to set it up via WPS once. The WPS button just removes the need to enter a password to connect to the network. Most WPS modes only stay active for 30 seconds, once you are connected, there should be no need to do it again. My WiFi Extender has a WPS button on it too, so all I had to do was press the button on the modem, followed by the button on the Extender, and I don't think I've had to touch it since.

Have you contracted D-Link for support? I believe you can also set up the Extender via a mobile app. Toomey

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

leee

I know that is how it should work.  It was working as you outlined with the old modem.  But with the CG3000 I am having this current issue.   I have not contacted Dlink and I don't think it is the fault of the extender and doubt they will help  ( just like the Netgear response).   What  do you mean by "set up the extender via mobile App".  Does that meant once set up one has to go to the App the connect? 

leee

I think the issue here is that the Dlink sleeps when there is no WiFi activity which is what it is designed to do but the WPS button on the modem also becomes inactive that is off  but does not reactivate itself when I want to use Wifi via the Dlink. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
11 Kudos
8 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos