Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ralfmmoller
New Contributor
New Contributor

Best way to extend the range of my Optus Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864

I have the Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 router and am looking for best options to extend the range in our house. The property is quite large with an upstairs and garden cabin. Currently the router is placed centrally so I think that extending is the best way.

my research indicates the a Mesh system is better - but that would require a replacement of the Optus supplied router.

Does Optus have a solution ?

Or do I need to do my own thing ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Best way to extend the range of my Optus Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864

Hey @ralfmmoller, thanks for reaching out. I personally live in a townhouse and found that purchasing a WiFi extender was a game changer especially for outdoors. 

Whilst we do not currently have any devices available through our plan options, there a couple things you can do to help improve connectivity within your premise. If you could position the modem in more central area, connected via Ethernet that would be much appreciated. Generally speaking, an Ethernet connection almost always provides both a stronger and more reliable broadband service.

If you could clear the line that your modem is currently connected too, just to reduce any interruptions caused internally by other devices.

Sometimes even elevating your modem away from other devices that have signals such as microwaves etc can also make a difference. Give those a shot and see how you go -Quade

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Tuong_YCI agree with you on all but one "Whilst we do not currently have any devices available through our plan options", but Optus spam from the 08-02-2021 04:06 PM about the "Optus Ultra WiFi Booster", https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Introducing-the-Optus-Ultra-WiFi-Booster/m-p/64... seems to be an option on at last one of the Optus plans.

Am I missing something or have I made a mistake?

It is probably cheaper to get a wifi extender and that way @ralfmmoller does not have to keep paying for it and it will have all of the manufacturers features enabled by default.

0 Kudos
AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@ralfmmollerLooks like your on you own to figure out what Optus are up to.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors