I have just had the NBN installed with the Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC modem.
My computer, laptop, unbranded tablet using Android OS, Samsung phones all connect to the WiFi.
BUT all Apple products will not. Three IPhones, 2 IPads and an Apple Laptop won't connect.
The problem seems to be that Apple products are looking for a User Name and Password to Join Network. I have gone into Other Networks typed in the SSID and changed Security from None to WPA2 and entered the correct password. Message Unable to connect Dismiss. I have chosen to Forget the Network then Reset Network Setting on the IPhone.
Then I repeated the above steps.
I have done ths at least 6 times. I have also rebooted the IPhne, and the Modem. I have also Reset the modem.
Nothing seems to work
From the Internet Searches I have done it appears the Apple products are looking for a Wifi Enterprise connection but I am not that tech savvy to work my way through what that means except to use Other Networks set Security to WPA2 after putting in the correct SSID.
Is anyone else having these problems and have you found a solution as Tech Support on the phone at Optus couldn't help me and neither could the local Apple Store techs.
The only thought I can offer is there is 16 device limit that can connect to an Optus sagemcom.
These modems are known to occasionally have horrendous wifi, with a short range. Some claim only one device will connect at a time.
The only thing I can think of, is to buy another wifi router and cascade it into the Sagemcom's ethernet port.
No it is not a number of devices. I onl have 4 connected at once. Main desktop, second desktop, Fetch TV box and tried an IPhone. So no where near a 16 device limit.
Browsing the internet for another issue with the Sagemcom I came accross this:
No matter what I tried, my iPhone 4s wouldn't connect to my home wifi whereas all computers (4 macs) and iDevices (2 iPads, 2 other iPhones) would without a hitch.
Router : Bell -- Sagemcom F (2864) This device comes with the Bell Fibe service (TV + Internet) in Canada.
The router was installed by a Bell technician 3 days ago. It had a preset SSID (wifi network name) and passord (WPA2 encryption was enabled).
As suggested in this thread or another one here, I manually entered my iPhone's MAC address in the DHCP reservation section of the router's internal website -- under Network>Settings to be precise.
The MAC address of the iPhone is found in the Settings app under General>About -- Wi-Fi Address
The solution is replace all your apple products and go Android and Microsoft. Goggle and Microsoft is secretly paying sagem to give apple products a hard time. ... now where did I left that tin foil hat?
Try to delete the wifi profile on your iOS devices by forgetting this network.
Power off your modem for a few minutes.
Disconnect all the other devices.
Power up the modem and join one iOS device at a time.
temp turn off wifi security and see if you can connect those iOS devices. If yes then turn it back on and retest.
i have tested the iPhone 4s, 5s and iPad Air 2 with my sagem modem with no issue . However, I've detected a HTC phone on my network and we don't have a htc phone......arg the neighbor is hacking into my network. After days with my tin hat on, I found that the digital radio somehow showing up as an htc phone. Sorry got side tracked
It could be the Icloud synch issue as reported by other users. My iPad unable to connect to the network every now and then, saying incorrect password. Could be Icloud still have the old password stuck on the server. Might look around Icloud to see if there is a delete WiFi password option.