Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

ASUS wirless AC750 4G-AC53U Modem

Having problems setting up this modem. Did a trial with the Optus Cat 11 805s modem and was getting download speeds of 30 plus with a 2bar signal, it kept crashing and was returned to Optus after 24hrs testing.

The settup seem to be almost there, BUT there must be an error somewhere..

Modem linked to PC with Ethernet cable..

I can login to the modem service on ASUS_E0_2G using my password OK, but only if I activate http://router.asus.com with my browser. This was part of initial setup procedure

My Note 8 detects the ASUS signal in all rooms OK, but when I attempt to log in get the message  "failed to obtain the IP address"

If I disconnect the Ethernet Connection Modem ceases to function, only power light ON

The Signal strength Monitor is not showing any bars either.. When I started the setup it was scanning all the time with blue bars.

It would seem that it is not locking in to the Optus service correctly for some reason

The reason is probably obvious to anyone who understands modems , but I am very limited in this area..Help please

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: ASUS wirless AC750 4G-AC53U Modem

I think that for some reason during setup it has switched from SIM card to Cable connection hence no signal strength indicator and the other problems.Have to figure it out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

And what Optua plan are you trying to use? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I need the details for manual setup of the modem for the 200gb mobile plan for this ASUS modem. As the automatic SIM card setup is not working. Any Optus experts out there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

If its the 200Gb MOBILE broadband plan then all you need is the APN of connect , no other settings are required.

If its the 200Gb Wireless Broadband then you will run into issues where your router is not on the approved list and you will get no data flow due to this plan condition.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/mobile-apns-technical-settings?requestType=NormalReques...

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos