Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Tips to stay connected this holiday period

During the holiday season, our mobile network can experience higher than normal traffic levels in some popular holiday areas as more people use the network at the same time. This means that occasionally things might take a bit longer than usual. While we do our best to manage extra network capacity, the good news is that the situation is only temporary, and services typically resume to normal levels once holiday makers head home.

How can I Check if there are any Network Problems?

To check for a problem with Optus' Mobile Network & Service in your area, see our Network Service Status Page. Once you've entered an address at the top of the page you'll see a map showing all of the towers in that area.

• Red coloured tower(s) – this means there’s a problem, an outage
  • Orange coloured tower(s) – this means we're performing maintenance or upgrades
  • Green coloured tower(s) – this means that everything should be running okay

You can click on a tower to find out things like the expected repair time or the work we're doing on the tower. Here’s an example, you can try it yourself here.

summer congestion1.png

How do I Stay Connected During A Network Disruption in my Area?

When you are in a no coverage area, calls will automatically divert to the Optus Mobile Voicemail service. To set up Voicemail see this article. Simply dial 133321 to access voicemail messages using a landline or another phone, and enter your mobile number and PIN. If you've forgotten the PIN you set up to retrieve your messages you can reset this in My Account.

If you want to check or change your mobile diversions to a Landline service or another mobile service, you can change via My Optus App or simply follow these easy steps.

If you have a home broadband connection, we recommend using your Wi-Fi connection for internet connectivity on your mobile device, or publically available Wi-Fi hot spots when out and about if you need to stay in touch during the outage. Please note, some Wi-Fi hotspots may attract a cost to use. Please ensure your handset, tablet or laptop settings are up to date and check the terms of usage before accepting.

If you do have access to an available Wi-Fi connection or hot spot then you can also check out WiFi Talk or WiFi Calling. They both allow you to make and receive calls and texts via WiFi, even if there’s no mobile coverage in your area!

Click here for more information.

Can I Make a Call in a Dangerous or Emergency Situation?

Your safety and wellbeing is always our number one priority. So if you're in an emergency situation call 000 from your Landline or Mobile Phone (or 112 from your Mobile).

These numbers work throughout coverage areas in Australia, no matter which service provider you're with, even if you've run out of Prepaid credit or have a restricted or suspended service.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors