cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Forums Community Manager

The community has a new look!

Hi Everyone,

As you may have noticed, the community now has a new look. It's our first responsive design for the community (meaning you'll essentially get the same experience on a mobile as you do on a desktop) so we'd love to hear what you think. 

Comment below to share your thoughts so we can use it for our next redesign. 

Thanks,

Matt - Community Manager

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

12 Replies
Occasional Contributor brado85
Occasional Contributor

Re: The community has a new look!

Honestly I liked the old view as shows when a thread was started and when last reply was done.

Also the Android page dates are all funny, 2015th, Feb 09 for example.

0 Kudos
Contributor nath_23
Contributor

make posts that you have written easier to find by making a stand out side button where we can click  on and veiw a complete history of any post the account holder has written. it should be a private history of course with a members history only being acessable to individual account holder example when i log in i can only see my blog history nobody elses. obviously you want your posts to be read by other users all i am saying is that make the history of posts private.

much like an email system. where if you  post a message everyone will see it, but only can see your complete history. (if clarafacation is needed let me know.() also the email when somone replies  should just be automatic so that you can have  a setting s panel where you can have an option that says email me when somone replies all

with another button that says do this for all posts with another button that lets you manually choose for those who like the the current settings

+

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hey Team

To be honest the skin is nice and clean and is easy on the eyes however the font size and spaces between things is massive as though it was designed for my father to be able to browse without his glasses on lol

I have tested this in Chrone and IE so am sure this is the same for everyone, even the cancel and post buttons have cropped of the bottom of the text in the block. I feel like everytime I come to this page I need to make sure my browser zoom is not turned all the way up Smiley Tongue

I like the new skin but its doesnt seem to fit well for me personally but noce to see things being looked at

Jabbajaws77

Jabba

* Don't forget to mark the post that solves your query and give Kudos for helpful comments 🙂
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I wish you would stop mucking around with the page layout, How the hell do we get to the fetchtv page,the older version was a lot easier to navigate or is this Optus's way of getting rid of complaint posts...?

cheers

John

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hey Team

To elaborate on my previous post about the new skin

I have found it very nice on my mobile, it crisp and clean and has a real app sort of feel which is fantastic for my phone

This gives me the indication the skin was primarily designed for mobile devices which is cool however it would be nice if we could keep the new skin but have the formatting display better on PC's

Anyhow thats my 2 cents worth, looking forward to further updates

Jabba

Jabba

* Don't forget to mark the post that solves your query and give Kudos for helpful comments 🙂
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I believe that the new layout is to take advantage of the mobile devices.  It's based on a responsiveness engine which attempts to align desktop and mobile functionality.

Not bad for a first shot and I'm sure subsequent updates will increase the functionality.

If I've helped, mark with Kudos or Solution so I'm not sitting around scratching my head thinking I've got it wrong.
0 Kudos
Retired Employee Andy
Retired Employee

Hi @linuts thanks for your feedback. To get to the Fetch TV board from the community homepage you just select 'Optus TV with Fetch' from the Category dropdown. I've circled it below, hope this helps!

community categories.png

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Andy
Retired Employee

Cheers for the feedback so far @brado85 @nath_23 @jabbajaws77 @Clancy10 

Update - We've now made changes to the sizing and spacing (hopefully your father will still be able to browse without his glasses on Jabba Smiley Happy) so we're keen to hear your thoughts!

Keep the suggestions coming!

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Andy

Yeah it displays a lot better in a web browser now, still very large font but hey not everyone has great eyesight like me Smiley Tongue 90% zoom looks a lot better

Good to see changes made and then prompt follow up on feedback from the community

Ill have a nosey around and see what its like with my zoom at 100% 

Jabba

0 Kudos
Top Contributors