cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optus_Community

Shout out to your local hero

We want to hear about and recognise all the people who are continuing their great work during this crisis.

Let’s give a shout-out to the healthcare worker who assisted you and your family; your next-door neighbour who has been picking up your groceries whilst you’ve been in quarantine; your great aunt who has been helping out at Foodbank; and anyone else you think deserves a round of applause in the community or even this forum.

We hope you're all safe and well 💌

1 Reply
pinkibathla
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Shout out to your local hero

I would like to give shout out to NGO Harman Foundation. I'm working extensively with them on weekends and after work hours weekdays. They are massively helping community with:

• Mindfulness activities like Yoga and meditation (online every Saturday)
  • Physiological and Psychological support with a team of volunteer practitioners
  • Food delivery & Food hampers to 40 families everyday
  • Financial support to those who have lost their jobs
  • Shelter to Domestic violence victims
  • Awareness with a Facebook show "Lets Connect" every Sunday having guests to talk about handling kids, seniors, yoga, mindfulness, natural therapies at home to boost immunity and sharing with community on Zoom
  • Creating a new facebook page a month back Harman Foundation Connect which has over 400 members who share their experiences during lockdown and using this platform for all the community activities via zoom or facebook live.

I feel privileged to be connected with them from last 4 years and am helping in running Saturday mindfulness sessions for whole community and hosting Sunday show with guests sharing advise and knowledge to the community. Also, I am supporting emotionally vulnerable people as a Life coach who are effected during lockdown with personal issues. 

Top Contributors