cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted

Shout out to your local hero

We want to hear about and recognise all the people who are continuing their great work during this crisis.

Let’s give a shout-out to the healthcare worker who assisted you and your family; your next-door neighbour who has been picking up your groceries whilst you’ve been in quarantine; your great aunt who has been helping out at Foodbank; and anyone else you think deserves a round of applause in the community or even this forum.

We hope you're all safe and well 💌

1 Reply
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Shout out to your local hero

I would like to give shout out to NGO Harman Foundation. I'm working extensively with them on weekends and after work hours weekdays. They are massively helping community with:

• Mindfulness activities like Yoga and meditation (online every Saturday)
  • Physiological and Psychological support with a team of volunteer practitioners
  • Food delivery & Food hampers to 40 families everyday
  • Financial support to those who have lost their jobs
  • Shelter to Domestic violence victims
  • Awareness with a Facebook show "Lets Connect" every Sunday having guests to talk about handling kids, seniors, yoga, mindfulness, natural therapies at home to boost immunity and sharing with community on Zoom
  • Creating a new facebook page a month back Harman Foundation Connect which has over 400 members who share their experiences during lockdown and using this platform for all the community activities via zoom or facebook live.

I feel privileged to be connected with them from last 4 years and am helping in running Saturday mindfulness sessions for whole community and hosting Sunday show with guests sharing advise and knowledge to the community. Also, I am supporting emotionally vulnerable people as a Life coach who are effected during lockdown with personal issues.