Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Velocity Points offer

If you’re a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program, you’ll now be able to receive Velocity Points when you sign up or recontract to an eligible* Optus plan via the Velocity/Optus Promo Page.

Points are awarded to Velocity members who sign up or recontract to an eligible Optus plan via the Velocity/Optus Promo Page between the 12/11/19 to 09/12/19.

Velocity points will be allocated up to 6 weeks after the activation of your service.

Keep in mind, points will not be awarded if you cancel your service within the first 30 days of activation. The points are awarded once per activated eligible Optus service via the Velocity/Optus Promo Page. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, unless specified otherwise.

Refer to the table below for eligible rate plans and the amount of points that will be allocated: 

Postpaid mobile 

Optus Postpaid Mobile M2M Plans

Velocity Frequent Flyer Points

First New Service

Recontracts with Device

$39 Optus Choice Packaged Plans

$49 Optus Choice Packaged Plans

$59 Optus Choice Packaged Plans

$79 Optus Choice Packaged Plans

$119 Optus One Plan

Optus Data plans

Optus Data Plans

Velocity Frequent Flyer Points

Velocity Bonus Points on First Service

$15 5GB Data Plan

$25 25GB Data Plan

$50 75GB Data Plan

$10 Connected Device SIM*

(*has to be purchased with a device on 12/24/36 month plan)

FAQ's 

Q: Who is eligible?

A: This Velocity Points offer is available to Velocity Members who sign-up to any of the plans listed on www.optus.com.au/velocity as a new service, or recontract as an existing Optus mobile customer to an Optus Choice Packaged Plan or Optus One plan with a 12, 24 or 36 month Device Payment Plan listed on www.optus.com.au/velocity under Mobile Phones, and stay connected to Optus for 3 months (89 days) by 29 January 2020.

Q: How do I take up the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points offer?

A: Before 29 January 2020, you must verify your Velocity Frequent Flyer number on the website www.optus.com.au/velocity before signing-up to a plan, and then stay connected to that same Optus plan for 3 months (89 days) in order to receive the Velocity Points.

Q: How many Velocity Points can I receive?

A: Visit www.optus.com.au/velocity to see the Velocity Points available for each Eligible Optus Service.

Q: How do I activate my Optus service?

A: Your Eligible Optus Service will automatically activate up to 2-24 hours after the SIM card is inserted into a device. For more information visit Activate your SIM card - https://offer.optus.com.au/activate-sim.

Q: What happens if I cancel my Optus service?

A: If you cancel your Eligible Optus Service within 3 months (89 days) from service activation, you will not receive the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points. After 3 months (89 days) of being connected, you will receive the Points..

Q: How many times can I earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Points?

A: You can earn Velocity Frequent Flyer Points for every new activation of an Eligible Optus Service as listed on www.optus.com.au/velocity. You can also earn Velocity Points for every recontract of an existing Optus mobile service to an Optus Choice Packaged Plan or Optus One plan with a 12, 24 or 36 month Device Payment Plan.

Q: What is the definition of recontracting?

A: For the purposes of the Existing Optus Customer Velocity Frequent Flyer Points offer a recontract is when you switch your existing Optus mobile service from an existing Optus postpaid mobile plan to an Optus Choice Packaged Plan or Optus One plan with a 12, 24 or 36 month Device Payment Plan, via www.optus.com.au/velocity. Note, a recontract is subject to payout of existing contract including applicable device payment plan, fees and charges.

Q: Will any cancellation fees apply if I am recontracting?

A: As part of your recontracting to an Optus Choice Packaged Plan or Optus One plan you will also need to take up a 12, 24 or 36 month Device Payment Plan. If you are still in contract with your existing Optus mobile service, you will need to pay out your existing device and any associated cancellation fees.  If you are out of contract on your existing Optus mobile service, you will not be charged a device or cancellation fee when you recontract.

Q: Who should I do if I have an issue with Velocity Frequent Flyer Points?

A: Please contact our customer care on https://optus.com.au/support

Q: How long will it take before Velocity Frequent Flyer Points are allocated?

A: Your Eligible Optus Service must be active for 3 months (89 days) to be eligible for Velocity Points. It may take up to 103 days from activation of your Eligible Optus Service for your Velocity Points to be awarded to your Velocity account. Velocity Points cannot be claimed retrospectively.

To login to your Velocity account visit www.velocityfrequentflyer.com

Q: Can I receive this offer in conjunction with other offers?

A: This offer is not available with any other offers, unless specified.

Q: Do I need a Velocity membership to be eligible for the Velocity offer?

A: Yes. An active Velocity membership is required in order to be eligible for this offer. Members must provide their Velocity membership number at time of sign up or recontract to be eligible to receive Velocity Points. Your Velocity account must be registered with the same name as your Optus account. 

Q: Can I still receive Velocity Points if my Velocity account and Optus account are registered under different names?

A: No. Your Velocity account must be registered with the same name as your Optus account. 

Q: Is this offer available through all Optus channels?

A: The Velocity Points offer is only available for Eligible Optus Services purchased via www.optus.com.au/velocity. The offer is not available in store, over the phone or any other website including www.optus.com.au

Q: Do Velocity Points expire?

A: A member’s Points will expire 24 months after the date of last account activity.  Account activity is earning or redeeming Points, transferring Points to or from their Membership Account using Points Transfer – Airlines, or purchasing Points using Velocity Points Booster, but excludes transferring Points to or from an Eligible Family Member or participating in a Family Pool. See the Velocity Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions for details.

Q: What can Velocity Points be redeemed for?

A: Velocity Points may be redeemed for flights, online shopping, fuel, cars, hotels, holiday and travel. For more information visit  www.velocityfrequentflyer.com

Q: When will my Optus product be delivered?

A: Delivery timeframes will be dependent on several factors, such as stock availability and delivery location. For more information visit https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=7686

Q: How can I check the Optus mobile coverage in my area?

A: Visit www.optus.com.au/coverage to check the Optus mobile network coverage in your area.   

Q: Does this offer apply to Small to Medium Business (SMB) Customers?

A: Yes, an SMB customer (excludes Tech Fund and Fleet) can take up this offer with a consumer plan. They can also include their ABN/ACN to receive Business Fast Lane and Premium Support.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors