Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Velocity Points offer

If you’re a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program, you’ll now be able to receive Velocity Points when you sign up or recontract to an eligible* Optus plan via the Velocity/Optus Promo Page.

Points are awarded to Velocity members who sign up or recontract to an eligible Optus plan via the Velocity/Optus Promo Page between the 12/11/19 to 09/12/19.

Velocity points will be allocated up to 6 weeks after the activation of your service.

Keep in mind, points will not be awarded if you cancel your service within the first 30 days of activation. The points are awarded once per activated eligible Optus service via the Velocity/Optus Promo Page. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, unless specified otherwise.

Refer to the table below for eligible rate plans and the amount of points that will be allocated: 

Postpaid Mobile + Handset

Optus_0-1573601880616.png

Postpaid Mobile SIM only

Optus_1-1573601880631.png

Postpaid Data Plan

Optus_2-1573601880640.png

Postpaid Connected Device Plan

Optus_3-1573601880644.png

FAQ's 

Q: Who is eligible for this introductory Velocity Points offer?

A: This introductory Velocity Points offer is available to Velocity Members who sign-up as a new Optus customer to any of the plans listed on www.optus.com.au/velocity or recontract as an existing Optus customer to any of the “SIM only” or “Mobile Phones” plans listed on www.optus.com.au/velocity by 9 December 2019.

Q: Which Optus services are eligible to receive Velocity Points?

A:  The introductory Velocity Points offer is available on the Optus plans listed on www.optus.com.au/velocity. Please note that for existing recontracting Optus customers, the introductory Velocity Points offer is only available for the “SIM only” or “Mobile Phones” plans listed at www.optus.com.au/velocity.

Q: Which Optus services can I recontract to receive Velocity Points?

A: Only available on eligible My Plan Plus 24 Month handset plan (as listed under “Mobile Phones” on www.optus.com.au/velocity) and My Plan Plus 12 Month SIM only plan (as listed under “SIM Only” on www.optus.com.au/velocity).

Velocity Points are not available when recontracting to Optus Connected Device Plan over 12 or 24 months (under “Watches”), Optus Data Plan with a device over 12 or 24 months (under “Tablets”) or Optus Data month to month plan (under “Data SIMs”) (as listed on www.optus.com.au/velocity).  

Q: How many Velocity Points can I receive?

A: Visit the Optus/Velocity promo page to see Velocity Points available for each eligible Optus service. Members must provide their Velocity membership number at time of sign up or recontract to be eligible to receive Velocity Points. Your Velocity account must be registered with the same name as your Optus account.

Q: Can I receive Velocity Points on multiple Optus services?

A: Yes. A Velocity member may purchase multiple eligible Optus services and may receive points for these services as listed on www.optus.com.au/velocity

Q: How do I activate my Optus service?

A: The service will automatically activate up to 4 hours after the SIM card is inserted into a device. If you’re still having trouble, see our SIM activation guide.   

Q: Where else is the Velocity offer available?

A: The Velocity offer is only available for eligible Optus services purchased via www.optus.com.au/velocity. The offer is not available in store, over the phone or any other website including www.optus.com.au.

Q: Do I need a Velocity membership to be eligible for the Velocity offer?

A: Yes. An active Velocity membership is required in order to be eligible for this offer. Members must provide their Velocity membership number at time of sign up or recontract to be eligible to receive Velocity Points. Your Velocity account must be registered with the same name as your Optus account. If you are not a current Velocity member, you can join the Velocity Frequent Flyer program for free at www.optus.com.au/velocity prior to purchase. Members are subject to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.

Q: Can I still receive Velocity Points if my Velocity account and Optus account are registered under different names?

A: No. Your Velocity account must be registered with the same name as your Optus account. 

Q: When will I receive my Velocity Points?

A: Your Optus service must be active for 30 days to be eligible for Velocity Points. It may take up to 6 weeks from activation of your Eligible Optus Service for your Velocity Points to be awarded to your Velocity account. Velocity Points cannot be claimed retrospectively. To check your points balance, login to your Velocity account.

Q: What can I do if I haven’t received my Velocity Points?

A: Velocity Points may take up to 6 weeks to be awarded after activating your eligible Optus Service. If after this time, points have not been awarded, please contact us.

Q: What happens if I cancel my Optus service?

A: If you cancel your Optus service within 30 days from service activation, you will not receive any Velocity Points. Optus cancellation fees may apply.

Q: Is the Apple Music trial offer included in eligible Optus services?

A: Yes. The 6- or 12-month Apple Music trial offer is included in selected Mobile Handset and Mobile SIM Only plans. The trial offer length depends on the eligible plan. Full terms available here.

Q: How many times can I receive Velocity Points?

A: The Velocity Points can be received once per activated eligible Optus service via the Points Earning Website.

Q: How do I check my Velocity Points balance?

A: Login to your Velocity Frequent Flyer account to check your points balance.

Q: Can I redeem this Velocity Points offer in conjunction with other offers?

A: No. This offer is not available with any other offers, unless specified.

Q: Do Velocity Points expire?

A: A member’s Points will expire 24 months after the date of last account activity.  Account activity is earning or redeeming Points, transferring Points to or from their Membership Account using Points Transfer – Airlines, or purchasing Points using Velocity Points Booster, but excludes transferring Points to or from an Eligible Family Member or participating in a Family Pool. See the Velocity Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions for details.

Q: What can Velocity Points be redeemed for?

A: Velocity Points may be redeemed for flights, online shopping, fuel, cars, hotels, holiday and travel. For more information visit  www.velocityfrequentflyer.com

Q: When will my Optus product be delivered?

A: Delivery timeframes will be dependent on several factors, such as stock availability and delivery location. For more information visit https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=7686

Q: How can I check the Optus mobile coverage in my area?

A: Visit www.optus.com.au/coverage to check the Optus mobile network coverage in your area.   

0 Kudos
Top Contributors