Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optus
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus Perks update

COVID-19 is forcing us all to explore new ways to entertain and stay connected with family and friends, which means our existing Perks rewards need refreshing.

It’s important to us that we reward and recognise our customers commitment to us, so while we’re busy working behind the scenes on what that looks like, we’ll be removing the current Optus Perks offers.

Don’t worry, you can still access Hoyts discount movie tickets online or via the My Optus app.

If you have any questions, or need any help, check out the FAQs below or get in touch with us.

Optus Perks FAQs
Q. What if I have a discount or an experience that I haven’t redeemed yet?

A. Along with our partners, we will honour all outstanding discounts and offers you have purchased or received from Optus.

Q: What is the loyalty program now?

A. We are busy exploring new ways we can recognise and reward our customer’s commitment to us.

Q: What are we offering our Optus One customers?

A. Optus One customers will continue to receive discount movie tickets and we are working on developing other benefits, exclusive to Optus One customers, over the coming weeks.

Q: Will optusperks.com.au remain active?

A. Yes, Optusperks.com.au will remain active and customers can still access discount movie tickets with Hoyts. 

Q: What if I need help and support with my Perks offer?

A. Please get in touch with us.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
rashmini
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Perks update

good
0 Kudos
Ruzki
New Contributor
New Contributor

optus perks is completely forked with a capital F, won't load from https://www.optusperks.com.au/ site is completely dead.  Tried going through the app, I can select tickets, select seats and then after clicking continue doesn't go to payment portal.  Another case of companies screwing with things that aren't broken. 

Ness_YC

Hey @Ruzki, thank you for reaching out. Please note that the Optus Perks website is no longer accessible. We recently identified a fault for customers trying to access the Hoyts discounts tickets on the My Optus App with iOS devices. As a result, our back-end team released an update to fix this issue. If you haven't already I would recommend re-installing the app to version 3.14 if you currently have an Apple device. 

We also have a Hoyts FAQ page with more information. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
glanzpunkt
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Cobycarla
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
slbop
New Contributor
New Contributor

optusperks.com.au does not work. I've tried several times now with Google Chrome. The reported error is - this site can not be reached.
Tags (1)
crowdsurfer2020
New Contributor
New Contributor

yep same, here their website is down and the app won't navigate to entertainment. What a hopeless company Optus is.
z_hook

Hi @crowdsurfer2020,

Sorry to hear you're facing some issues with accessing the Hoyts tickets via the My Optus App.

To access the Entertainment tab to purchase the Hoyts tickets, you'll need to open the My Optus App, head to the "For You" tab and scroll down to the bottom. From there you'll see the Entertainment Tab. Select "View All" and the discounted Hoyts tickets will be at the bottom on the list.

Please ensure your My Optus App is running the latest version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
slbop
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can't access the Optus App either. I have a Samsung S10+ with the latest Android version. I uninstalled and downloaded the latest Optus App from Google, entered my number and received the access code. It keeps looping when trying to enter the access code. Pretty bad software...

Regardless, why is the website down and when will it come back up again. I much prefer using my computer than a mobile to select movies and the seats.

I hope this is not a hopeless cause and the beancounters have decided that they can save money by taking down the #optusperks website..

0 Kudos