cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Order delay?

@SamSam wrote:

implementing an alternative solution can be a huge task and would likely take time.

Sure, so in the mean time if the alternative is not in place don't accept new orders unless you've informed the customer and they understand that the delay could potentially mean weeks.

Offer me a local store pick up at least?

There's a very good chance Toll also deliver the handsets to their stores, to.

It definitely does, but at the very least the Optus staff could check store stock (or should have the ability if they don't now) and see if anything is available for pickup there.

There's a very good chance Toll also deliver the handsets to their stores, to. Heck there's probably a good chance that Toll works with Apple, Samsung and other phone manufacturers to deliver to Optus' distribution warehouse.

True, but toll is Optus' main (if not only) distribution warehouse as far as I can tell. Optus should be able to at least organise another courier company to do an x truckload extraction of product that they can then spread out around their stores (that's assuming they don't have a non-toll warehouse available) to alleviate some of the problem. Then local or not-so-local can come into play again.

It would be a super frustrating situation and I couldn't agree more that transparency goes a long wait to help alleviate some of the frustration, just trying to offer some perspective that Optus hasn't really been great at doing in the past

Transparency is critical, but more-so that they don't string their customers along and dodge their legitimate enquiries about their order status.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

At least give us 1 months free bill for being patience
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Order delay?

Hadn't considered that the Optus warehouse probably isn't getting deliveries themselves.

I just don't understand how communication is so difficult for a company built on providing it. There should be a single database with who has ordered what, where it is in the supply chain, contact details etc.

Sending an SMS/Email to everyone who has a delay for a particular product with updates should be straight forward?
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This 'event' was 2 weeks ago. Why didn't you fall back to an alternative transport method? You don't know how to stick a stamp on a letter? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Order update 5 business days

No updates order 134188789A it had been 5 business days
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Spoke to Optus rep and I was told 1) No Refund, and 2) No Compensation. Deceptive company practice, I will make report to ACCC today

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Order update 5 business days

See here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Link doesn’t work on chat with customer support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Reply not answering what issue is, told there was a cyber incident and they will send order to warehouse NOW that I contacted Optus. Another 3-5 business day wait!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

That link was just a post to a thread in this forum that discusses the issues Optus is having with deliveries for the pas two weeks.

0 Kudos