Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

We have some Important information for customers expecting deliveries from Optus. 

What's happened? 

Our logistics contractor has been impacted by a global cyber security incident. This resulted in a shutdown of some of their systems which has directly affected customer deliveries to our customers.

We want to assure you that we are doing everything that we can to expedite your delivery and apologise for the inconvenience this delay may be causing you. As we progress, we will ensure we provide regular updates to this page.

For the latest updates and FAQs, please see System Outage Impacting Deliveries.

We would like to thank you for your ongoing patience.

264 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My Optus delivery is delayed

I ordered an iPad on Monday 2/2/20, I believe it hasn’t left the warehouse yet, is there a reason for the delay, and an expected delivery date?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: What’s going on?

See here:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

Hey @Ray_YC ,

Have Optus even bothered to contact affected customers directly?

Recent posts from customers would suggest not.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Yes, in batches ongoing.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well so far no one has contacted me and no one at Optus call centre apparently knows about this outage after speaking to them just now.

Seriously unhappy. If I am placing an order on the 2nd February and this outage is known - you should have disclosed so that I could have at least gone to the store and made the purchase instead. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@evielync wrote:

Well so far no one has contacted me and no one at Optus call centre apparently knows about this outage after speaking to them just now.

For a communications company they really suck at communicating.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi evielync,

Sorry about the experience 😞 The agent should have been across the update.

As soon as more information becomes available the newly created help and support page mentioned in the Optus post will be updated. Thanks for your patience.

I'll post back here with any news on time frames!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

We did send out text messages to customers we'd identified as having been impacted by the issue. The text message directed customers to the article up on our Support page.

I believe they were sent out on Wednesday. As Ray as mentioned, we'll include updates here as soon as they come through.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I placed an order last Friday, and had received no communications at all until 6 February. That was received a couple of minutes after I called and was told it would be delivered on Friday (7 February).

Obviously that has not occured.

Additionally, the message included the sentence:

"We'll contact you with an update in 24 hours"

It's been a bit longer than that 24 hours and I've received no further information. 

Optus have handled this appallingly so far from a communications perspective.