cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

Wow I thought I was the worst hit since I placed my order on 30th January. Some people here have their orders overdue by a month which is beyond ridiculous.

It's especially frustrating when you learnt about others who placed orders much later receiving their products. This just shows Optus has the means to send new products with alternative logistics for new customers but rather try their luck holding off affected customers.

Rather than taking passive actions like "waiting for Toll", "sms an update", I would have appreciated more constructive and proactive steps like offering a few solutions at this stage; 1) Refund, 2) Pick up from store, 3) Offer a temporary plan..etc

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They did offer me to cancel my online order and buy it from optus store, but they did not guarantee if I would get the same discount in store. and also no guarantee if the store has the phone in stock or not... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hows my order tracking order number 138088269A

No one can tell me when my order will arrive 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I complained to TIO yesterday online. Got a text this morning that order dispatched to courier for delivery. We will see. Toll can manually dispatch but obviously takes time, prompting and who knows how many orders are out there waiting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Also got a private message the order has been dispatched to courier using an interim logistics contractor. Action not necessarily linked to TIO complaint, but may not being a coincidence.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've been swapping the occasional message with Optus over the last four weeks. My last one was in regards to my recent bill. As my iPad hadn't arrived, they removed the cost of that from the total (as they should). At the same time they told me (actually assured me), they had switched to DHL courier, and my iPad (which was ordered on the 31/01/2020), would be delivered by the end of next week (7-8 days).

This was the first time any Optus representative has been "definite" about a delivery time. I'm quietly confident...........but we shall see,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

In the meantime, Fastway (great name that, they should change it to Slowway) tell me they have delivered the second B818 that I ordered from an actual Optus shop on 4 Feb, but they can't have because neither I nor anyone else has been there to sign for it. So sfaiac it's still somewhere in Toll la la land.

Update: And now they are telling me that it was delivered on 14 Feb and that it was signed for, but that's rubbish because (a) I was in fact at the address at the time, (b) there is a scrawl masquerading as a signature in the space where the signatory's name is supposed to be printed, (c) I have no idea whose signature it is and (d) if I was not in fact at the address, then I know for sure that no-one else was either. So the only conclusion I can draw is that the driver has dumped it somewhere (s)he deemed to be 'safe', but I have no idea where that is.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Where is my replacement modem?

2 weeks ago I contacted  optus via chat that my modem was dead. I am currently using an old single band modem that was kept when the new dual band was sent out. Long story short there was some issue with toll not be able to deliver  but was assured a new modem would be sent soon still waiting

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

this is a joke now

4 weeks and still waiting for my order. I'm going overseas next week. Need this device specifically for that...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Have you had any luck yet? I ordered on the 10/2/20 and still waiting and no contact either
0 Kudos