cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

I agree. I am starting to regret my decision of going with Optus.

Optus should be offering a discount or first month free due to this problem. So many innocent people are being affected by this
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I bought 2 iphones... the online sales agent offered me 25% discount on the second package... the interesting part is, I have received the phone which was on regular packages... and the other phone which was on discounted package is missing... is it intentional?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, sounds very suspicious. If I were in your position, I would speak to an ombudsman about this situation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus is a multi billion international company. They're not some fast talking street vendor who talked you into a too good to be true deal that you now regret.

Optus  (and many companies) had deliveries hit when Toll suffered a virus attack a few weeks ago. Deliveries have been disrupted but apparently now just resuming. Optus also routinely send out devices as they get them so two phones, two deliveries is normal. 

Just wait a bit. The other phone will turn up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Waiting for the phone is not an issue, somehow, someone at optus processed porting request for one of my numbers and I have been left without a service since Friday... Thats a problem... I am speaking to optus 3 times daily... YES... 3 times a day...
they asked me to visit optus store, I did that, but nothing happened... they just gave me 2 blank sim cards and asked me to speak to customer service... and since Saturday, after 1 hour of conversation, multiple times, everytime they tell me it will be fixed in 3 - 4 hours... but never got fixed... Today, the agent said that as I am waiting for delivery of my 2nd phone, if they activate my service now, I will start getting charged... Man... I need to resume communication with my family and business... I am desperate... Charge me, get my phone working... Now they have said that it will take 2 hours to get activated...

multi-billion $ company? needs me to pay for their stuff up...
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

A communication company that doesn't

Like most people on here, I have been disappointed with the lack of communication from Optus. I was upgrading 2 phones early. I decided to cancel both phones and I will wait for the contracts to expiry and shop around first. Vodafone appear to have some good offers at the moment. By their lack of communication and customer service, I feel as though Optus couldn't give a toss.
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I was responding to your post about Optus "intentionally" not sending you a discounted phone.

You've raised a lot of different issues there and yes, I'm not sure if they are a billion dollar company in spite of or because of customer service like you describe. Many Optus processes seem designed to drive customers to give up an pay instead of waste hours trying to just get what was meant to be a simple deal honoured. But they could also be because of incompetence. Jury is sill out.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I spoke to someone in Optus today, and from what he was saying is don’t count on the 11 day thing they wrote in the email/message. They’re being so vague to not get themselves in the crap, but by not communicating I think that’s worse.
Items are being sent out manually apparently, not via the computer/scanning.

Meanwhile tick tock Optus.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Do not deal with Optus. Zero communication. Zero customer service. Zero updates on order! Worse telecom ever! Complain to the TIO ! Optus gets charged from $31 for level 1 complaints to several hundred $ for level 4 complaints for every complaint we all make. Maybe they’ll sort themselves out when it affects their bottom line.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Copied and pasted Optus chat:
Optus - Thank you for staying online. I really cannot deny the fact that you have been waiting for so long now as the order was place since the 21st of the January. I really want to thank you for your patience and would like to extend our apologies. We expect to deliver within 10 business days. Due to technical difficulties currently being experienced by our logistics contractor, this timeframe may vary. We will notify you via SMS when your order has been dispatched.

You
 at 12:34, Feb 25:

So that basically means you don't know just like all the other times I have contacted optus,, if time frame may vary, again!.. and btw I can only receive emails for updates from you because I am still waiting for my phone to be delivered??!!