cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

@WedgeOz wrote:

I even went into the store where I ordered my iPad and asked them why they didn't tell me of the outage. He claimed "if people want to order something, I just order it".

He just forgot to add the most important info which is "...otherwise I will miss out on a sales commission.".

It the same reason Optus don't put any warning messages on their web pages, or tell you in general during phone calls because they don't want to lose sales/customers.

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same here got message saying
OPTUSMSG: Our logistics contractor has resumed deliveries, so our priority is to ensure your delivery arrives as soon as possible. Your order is being processed and should arrive within 10 working days. If this timeframe varies, we will ensure you are updated. You will receive an SMS once your order is in transit. If you have already received a delivery notification, please disregard this update. We apologise for any inconvenience the delay has caused. Visit yesopt.us/deliveryupdate for more information.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I cancelled my orders fur to poor communication by Optus
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@LySie2212 wrote:
Visit yesopt.us/deliveryupdate for more information.

And yesopt.us/deliveryupdate is out of date. It doesn't include the update we received here yesterday. So the message you received tells you deliveries have resumed yet the page they direct you still says they with an interim party. You'd think they'd be eager to fix that wouldn't you.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

i have placed order for iPad in store on 01/02 was rest assured by sales rep it will take 1-5 days for delivery... 23 days later still didn't receive iPad neither single text or email from Optus regarding delay/update... CALLED OPTUS ON 21/02 AND WAS ADVISED OF THIS ISSUE AND WAS TOLD THAT ITS OUT OF THERE CONTROL AND CAN'T PROVIDE UPDATE...

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

Again, we'd like to thank you all for your ongoing patience. 

We've since been advised that our logistics contractor is starting to resume deliveries after being impacted by the global cyber security incident.

Our priority is to deliver all outstanding customer orders as soon as possible.

We will continue to provide customers with ongoing status information as deliveries progress. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You gotta be kidding me, it's been 25 days since I ordered and still no solid status update. my order still says submitted....

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I hope this delivery hurries up, as I’m going away next week. This waiting really isn’t good enough and lack of communication directly to the customer is ridiculous, don’t just send out a generic email. 3 weeks today and waiting... 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I ordered 2x Iphone 11 with optus on 5th Feb... I received one phone on 18th Feb and still waiting for other. They were suppose to port my numbers from previous network provider. I requested them to port one number for the phone which I have received. They tried but failed and asked me to visit any optus store. I visited optus store and the store person told me that he cannot do anything as the order is still in progress and not completed yet. I would need to wait for the other phone first. Now, somehow, the porting request have been processed for both... so the previous network have stopped my outgoing calls,sms and data services... and optus cannot do anything as they have to deliver the order first... so I am stuck with no communication... and no ETA... When I chat with online chat, it looks like it is a robotic service, they ask for your information, order number, name, DOB and than say Please wait while I check from the warehouse. and after 5 mins they say "Thanks for your patience. I had a check with ware house team your order number ****** will be delivered within 3-4 business days. I can assure that it will be delivered as soon as possible." everytime, same response, same timing... looks like they are just copy pasting, no one is checking whats going on... very frustrating... 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Raincheck and Backorder process

I Ordered a broadband service over 3 weeks and it says it will take 1-5 business days. I have not received any correspondence about the delay. When i have phoned up i am directed to star track website to track my order. The order number that i have been provided is not registered with Startrack, Can you please tell me what is going on. Otherwise i want to cancel my subscription.