cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

I hope my delivery comes quicker than the 10 business days they’ve estimated in the email I received as I’m going on holidays. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I ordered my phone on the 4th of Feb and finally got a text this morning confirming its been collected from the warehouse and will be delivered shortly which sounds very promising. Hope that gives you some hope that orders are coming through now.

Just a heads up when you look at the Optus app it still says the order is still just submitted though I’ve heard from others who have got their orders now that the tracking feature still does not work yet after the delivery text they got their delivery in about 30 minutes.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I ordered 2 new phone on 15/02/20 at no time was I told of any delivery issued. On 21/02/20 I asked were my order was and only then was I given a statement to read from Optus. Poor communication guys. I still have no idea what is going on and when I will receive my phones and yet again, it is me that is asking the questions as Optus remain silent.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Virgin Port

Toll Transport provide the Logistics for Optus and other companies was hacked Late January and is only starting to come back online. Deliveries are only starting to happen again now.

The Optus Staff that participate in the Yes Crowd do not have access to account details and cannot help in this forum.

You should have received a shipping number and a link to check if nothing is showing up I would Telephone  Optus Sales or if practical a trip to the nearest Optus store. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still haven’t been contacted, they accepted my order on 11 Feb. never updated me, I contact them and get no answer, bs about cyberattacks then days another 5 business days (10 from order) still haven’t heard anything
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I never received a message and no one mentioned this cyber issue until after I called to complain about missing/late order which I still haven’t received and still have not been called, SMS’s or emailed about Optus!! Stop the lies
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

At least the message you, still haven’t heard from Optus since my order on 11 Feb. Would not have ordered if they posted about the delay instead of being so secretive
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Neither of you are alone there! I ordered on the 11th Feb. There was no message between searching and checkout to state that this could potentially happen.

It's also worth noting that even here it only shows an alert about the bushfires. Pretty misleading really and I doubt any of us will be compensated. Sure, it might be down to the customer to research things first but this is pretty bad. So far the only updates I've had are from the few staff on this forum and the other disgruntled customers!

Have been a customer for over 15 years and I've never had a problem with Optus, but this is definitely pushing me to walk away 😞

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I ordered my iPad on the 31/01/2020......and the staff in store knew very well about the outage, yet still told me it would only take 5 days. I managed to get a couple of replies when messaging Optus through their Facebook page. But mainly it was stock standard robotic replies. My third message to them was not even "read".

So I logged onto my sister's FB account and messaged them through there, and chastised them for ignoring my last message on my own account....then started my verbal assault on them again about the staff not warning me of the outage and giving me erroneous delivery times. They gave me the option to cancel and go get another one in store (with the offer of discounts blah, blah), yet in my city (Townsville), there are NO stocks whatsoever (hence the reason I chose to wait "5 days" in the first place).....so I was basically at their mercy to sit and wait it out.

About an hour later, I got the same message everyone else got....about delivery being "10 working days" away...blah, blah, blah..........but I believe that is just a bluff to cool everybody down and buy them more time. I have been a customer with them forever, never had any problems before, and they've always helped me out. But on this occasion they have fumbled the ball. I even went into the store where I ordered my iPad and asked them why they didn't tell me of the outage. He claimed "if people want to order something, I just order it".

I rest my case.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors