Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

The delay has certainly been unreasonable. So unless you've received a tracking number from Optus that actually shows your delivery actually in transit, I can't see how Optus can stop you from cancelling (and  without penalty).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The answer to "when" will customers get their orders does not answer "when"

It just says that customers will receive texts on the day

So, let's ask again: WHEN.?
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@IngYeo wrote:
The answer to "when" will customers get their orders does not answer "when"

It just says that customers will receive texts on the day

Exactly. My response to that was obviously a bit tongue-in-cheek because that's just their way of saying "you'll get it when you get it" and it gives no useful time frame info. The only new bit of info there seems to be that you now you get an SMS on delivery day (I don't recall that being a thing previously).

So, let's ask again: WHEN.?
Spoiler
"That day" of course.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Actually you have always meant to get a text oh the day I think

This is actually my 2nd attempt to get this phone as the 1st delivery attempt I wasn't home for because I didn't receive a text that I was told I would

This has all been going on since 31/12 for me as the post office would not allow my partner to collect the phone even though she had copies of my license and written permission

So it got b returned to the warehouse and then caught up in this fiasco
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes when????
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Couldn't be agree, I want free 1 month bill
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Order delay?

I placed an order on 30 January to upgrade one of my phones and plans.  I realise Toll had issues but at this point shouldn't Optus deliver through an alternative?  Offer me a local store pick up at least?

No updates other than an unintelligible voice mail.  I rang three times to try and figure out the delay, the first person couldn't speak well enough to understand, the second person told me the order was submitted and to wait.  Finally the third person told me about the issue with Toll - but here I am almost three weeks since my order - and it is still listed as "submitted" and no one has provided any further updates.

Information and alternatives goes a long way to good customer service.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Order delay?

Both of which you will find in short supply at Optus. See here.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Agree that Optus should have anticipated that their courier might have issues one day. A second backup option should have been in place a long time. I also can't see why they can't just arrange a temporary arrangement with another courier for this time.

At this stage I would suggest you just request the order be cancelled and look elsewhere for your phone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Agreed but when you think of how big Toll is, the number of big business customers they have (go and have a look at Telstra's online forum, it's the same there)  implementing an alternative solution can be a huge task and would likely take time.

Offer me a local store pick up at least?

There's a very good chance Toll also deliver the handsets to their stores, to. Heck there's probably a good chance that Toll works with Apple, Samsung and other phone manufacturers to deliver to Optus' distribution warehouse.

It would be a super frustrating situation and I couldn't agree more that transparency goes a long wait to help alleviate some of the frustration, just trying to offer some perspective that Optus hasn't really been great at doing in the past

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Top Contributors