Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

"Selected customers"
Interesting choice of words from the PR team.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@AlistarS wrote:

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay getting back to you all. 

We've been waiting for the relevant teams to give us an update, we didn't want to go back with another holding message as we didn't see the value in it..

Nice to finally get an update Alistar.

So Optus thinks its worse to pop in and say "sorry, no new info", then it to totally ignore the people in this thread (and yescrowd in general) that are getting conflict information from Optus staff?

When will services be restored?

We are working with an interim logistics contractor to deliver selected customer orders and ensure a high volume of devices and SIMS are shipped directly to our retail stores

I think people would like to know either what "selected customer" means,  or what rough percentage of outstanding orders is represented by "selected customers". Is it 25%, 50%, 5%?

When will my device/service be delivered?

Customers with orders to be delivered to their nominated address

Huh? Isn't that every single order, where else can you have something delivered that isn't a nominated address?

will get an SMS notification from Star Track confirming the order is “onboard for delivery” that day

The way I read that is that all outstanding orders have been shipped (as all orders have a nominated address)  and that they will arrive today. Somehow I doubt that was what you intended to write.

Note also that your FAQ has two "When will my device/service be delivered" sections, with the first one containing the old outdated info.

What if my order relates to the NBN?

All NBN appointments should have been rescheduled to a time that allows .

What about NBN related ones where customers are just waiting on the Sagemcom router?

Can I pick up my online order in store?

If you haven’t ordered yet and need a SIM or device urgently, we encourage you to head to an Optus store

What about if you need a SIM urgently because you are still waiting on a SIM delivery? Why can't you go into a store and get a replacement SIM? Can't it be treated like a lost/stolen SIM and have the service transferred to another SIM?

Hopefully we can post more regularly this week with some further updates.

Even if you don't have anything meaningful to add, better to say so then come off as ignoring/hiding from your customers.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Order information

This is the latest update as to why you're getting nowhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The words "selected customers" makes us all worry. How about all or refund many of us have been blatantly lied to by call centre staff.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Selected probably means those that ordered from the 1st of Feb on. Those who ordered before (like me 29th Jan) there package is probably still stuck in toll lala land.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Order query

I confirmed an order for home wireless Broadband 14 days ago after I was told it would take 5 days. I’ve received no texts or emails to explain why. I sent a text to Optus 3 days ago and still haven’t received a response. How can I get a response?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been waiting for 2 weeks and my simcard hasnt arrived yet, it cost me $150. I understand that Optus is no longer able to deliver the service, can I cancel this order and get a refund?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Where is my order?

I ordered iPhone 11pro max on 9 February 2020, usually takes 24 to 48 hours but until now I get nothing, rang optus they don't even know when, I am very disappointed with this delaying delivery time, until now noone knows. I want justice
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Where is my order?

See here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Order query

You are be no means the only one having problems getting answers from Optus. See here.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors