Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

The entire round of "communication" from Toll, Fastway and Optus has simply been a whole bunch of weasel words, which collectively can be interpreted as "we have no idea what's going on". I don't actually have a problem with that, but if that's what it is, then they should all stop calling a spade a digging implement.

On another note, whilst still waiting for my Optus B818 4G modem to be delivered, I did manage to obtain one from an actual shop (that's OK, I need two, and am happy to wait for the one that is in courier la la land). Very happy with the modem, except for one thing ... there is an Optus setting that only they can change, which means that when online through that modem, I don't actually have access to yescrowd. I can't be bothered sitting on a series of phone calls to get it fixed, so on the odd occasion when I want to catch up with this an other topics on yescrowd, I simply tether my Telstra phone, instead of using the Optus modem.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: My Optus delivery is delayed

Optus is just sleeping. I believe they do not care about their cuustomers.

No communication no updates from them them has led to so much of resentment.

They need to be respensive by being proactive otherwise It will diminish their reputaion 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes Optus communication has been less than admirable. However they can’t update anything if toll doesn’t update them, it’s like the domino effect.

i spoke to a store manager this morning and he was saying that Optus have teamed up with a another courier company (something starting with a d?) to try and get orders out. Customer orders have priority over stores stocks being fulfilled.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Polly087 wrote:

Yes Optus communication has been less than admirable. However they can’t update anything if toll doesn’t update them, it’s like the domino effect.

Toll must have updated them with more detail than Toll have told the general public, yet from what little we have heard from Optus it does not match up with what Toll have said. Toll have implied that they've made reasonable progress, but there has been no update from Optus echoing that progress.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

So here we are – its the 17th, I placed an order on the 1st and I've only just been contacted to say 'you dont actually have any update to share anyway'.

In the meantime, I paid $150 for a service / product I don't have. A fee paid in good faith that'd I'd receive the product as ordered. If this was a known issue, why wasn't I informed at the time of purchase, so that I may make an informed decision? I've followed up at least daily and been told a different excuse each time. When I asked for a refund, you hang up on me!!!!!!

'Livid' is not a word that would even begin to describe how I feel - esp. as an optus customer of 15+ years. 

It's a disgrace at best. Your actions would be considered 'theft' with any other service, so how is this allowed? YOUR issue with YOUR logistics company is not MY problem, yet you've made it my problem.

My 'ongoing patience' has expired. Either give me a refund so I may take my business elsewhere – or allow me to pick up instore. Its a SIM card for gods sake!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

As far as I am concerned, what OPTUS is doing is theft; pure and simple. Australian consumer law requires them to fulfil their obligations for paid services / products and they have failed unanimously. Class action would be better than a petition.

As for suggestions for shipping, a multi national company should be able to work that out on their own
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@fraser172 wrote:

Its a SIM card for gods sake!

I would imaging that they should have plenty of SIM cards in stock in stores, so you should  be able to get a replacement, after all they do that for lost/stolen SIMS all the time.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No - not for this order, I have to wait
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay getting back to you all. 

We've been waiting for the relevant teams to give us an update, we didn't want to go back with another holding message as we didn't see the value in it. I know all of you just want to know what is happening with your order and once this is outlined with specified time frames or a finalised process we'll be the first to let you know.

Today we have been given an update to the FAQ;

When will services be restored?

We are working with an interim logistics contractor to deliver selected customer orders and ensure a high volume of devices and SIMS are shipped directly to our retail stores

When will my device/service be delivered?

Customers with orders to be delivered to their nominated address will get an SMS notification from Star Track confirming the order is “onboard for delivery” that day

What if my order relates to the NBN?

All NBN appointments should have been rescheduled to a time that allows us to deliver the modem ahead of the technician’s arrival or that allows the technician to have a modem for you. If you have any questions relating to your NBN order, use the contact details below:

• If you are migrating your service from another Optus technology, dial 1300 300 990
  • If you are relocating your service with Optus or new to Optus, dial 1300 739 485

Can I pick up my online order in store?

No, if you have already ordered, the order is likely to be in the process of being delivered. We are working so that ordered products and services will be delivered as a priority.

If you haven’t ordered yet and need a SIM or device urgently, we encourage you to head to an Optus store

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/stores

Hopefully we can post more regularly this week with some further updates.

Thanks for your patience.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Order information

Getting information about an outstanding delivery is near on impossible.  I get shafted from site to site with no simple answer.  ORDER 133923545A

it is 2020 people!  The local pizza shop does better!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors