Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

Optus:

Can we please have an idea of when you anticipate resolution?

So you think it will be within the week?

More than a week?

If you have not received an indication from Toll that they will be fulfilling all orders this week then what steps are you prepared to take to get your deliveries met? 

As a short term solution why are devices not being shipped via parcel packet overnight (for example) or to another courier? 

When it became more than 2 weeks that this situation has continued, it became a matter of URGENCY for Optus 

Right..?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I went to a shop yesterday afternoon to try pick up a phone but order couldn't be canceled but he did advise me from what he knows that the problem has been resolved and orders would be getting shipped this week.

Hoping the bloke was telling the truth!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Is everybody that is waiting for a device open to signing a petition asking for Optus to parcel express promised devices? 

Does anybody have a better shipping idea we could request?. 

I think it's maybe time that this situation garnered a little media attention given that Optus has

1: CONTINUED to accept new orders from customers without advising them of the situation 

2: ignored or minimised the issue by taking no responsibility whatsoever nor creating a short term solution to send devices via alternative methods

3: Refused to give any type of ETA or rates that they are planning to take proactive steps to resolve this untenable situation 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well that sounds positive although I am wondering why we have not been notified by Optus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Delays

Numerous companies use Toll for their logistics (that includes Telstra)

Toll had a major ransomware attack, obviously had no redundancy and we are left with this mess.

The Outbreak is not the reason for the current delays, though I guess for things like an Apple launch in September will be impacted by it.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@IngYeo wrote:
Well that sounds positive although I am wondering why we have not been notified by Optus

I trust store staff less than online staff when it comes to fulfilment information because the store staff have an incentive in making/keeping a sale (more so than even online sales team). Sales staff aren't going to be privy to any special info.

So without even a hint of resolution from Optus management, I give that info 0% credibility.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@IngYeo wrote:

I think it's maybe time that this situation garnered a little media attention 

They certainly seem to care about media attention, otherwise why else would they have support staff helping on Facebook & Twitter and not on yescrowd. Its because those platforms gain media attention so they want to be seen publicly as very responsive to customers issues, whereas yescrowd is all but invisible to the media so we get very little support here.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Data sim & new number

I ordered a Data sim & new number but I've been geting txt's that delivery has been delayed by an IT outage. Over 11 days now - not acceptable for just a SIM!! Order reference is 132909132A. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Data sim & new number

Cancel the order and go with another carrier then..... Word of warning though, if you jump onto Telstra's forum just like this one, you'll see people having the same issue. The problem wasn't caused by Optus, it was their logistics partner who appears to also work with a lot of other companies in Aus...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Data sim & new number

Dosen't solve the problem or the low standard of service.

Top Contributors