Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Contributor scottmac99
Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

Just went to the Optus shop in Elsternwick – they had two B818's in stock !! Long story but they said if I am not at home when the existing B818 order (dating from 4 Feb) is delivered, it will be taken to our local PO, at which point it is classified as delivered, and charges will start. So I said thanks, and walked away. Then I had a brainwave, we have an existing legacy Vivid Wireless modem at another premises, so I went back to the Optus shop, and purchased one of the B818's. This will be used to replace a WIFI dongle I'm using at the existing premises ($80 pm for 200Gb). So I'll cancel the Wingle, and replace it with the B818 ($68 pm and 500Gb, so a saving of $80 - $68 = $12 per month). When and if the existing order turns up (and it's a big if – even the Optus shop is running low on stuff because of the Toll debacle), I'll use that to cancel the Vivid Wireless (which is $89 unlimited Gb but capped at 12 Mbps, and pretty dodgy in performance), and given we go nowhere near 500Gb on Vivid, we'll be ($89 – $68 = $21) per month better off.  So all in all, the Toll debacle is going to save me (ultimately) nearly $400 per year.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@scottmac99 wrote:

they said if I am not at home when the existing B818 order (dating from 4 Feb) is delivered, it will be taken to our local PO, at which point it is classified as delivered, and charges will start. 

There is no way that can fly.

So all in all, the Toll debacle is going to save me (ultimately) nearly $400 per year.

Nice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Hitchhiker
New Contributor

Does Optus respond to questions on here? Or do I need to contact them a different way to get a response?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor sujeev
New Contributor

No updates receiving

ORDER 133815501A
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor ElleJay
New Contributor

What annoys me is that when I ordered my new device on Saturday - I was told nothing - absolutely nothing about any delays. Very deceptive way to start off a new contract. I’ve been with Optus for more than 20 years and expected better transparency. How could the person that assisted me spend about half an hour sorting out the new order and literally not say one word about the seemingly no end in sight delay.
Major first world problem for sure, but still frustrating.
Highlighted
New Contributor WedgeOz
New Contributor

As much as I hate this situation, I have had several responses from Optus from the Online Chat feature ....and also through their Facebook page. So if you just want to be heard and have a response without a solution, go through those channels. Nothing will change the predicament.

Of course the circle keeps going round though, there is nothing they can do to rectify this problem, no matter how much we keep badgering them. I too was annoyed they didn't let me know of this outage when I ordered my iPad...but that is the extent of their situation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor ElleJay
New Contributor

Interestingly, I messaged them this morning - becauSe I could see the status was still showing as ‘Submitted’. I did get a response - but even then - the consultant didn’t mention anything about a delay! He said - you’ll get a status update in 24-48 hours - nothing about an ongoing courier issue! It was only when I came over here to the crowd chat that I realised what was happening.

The poor staff on the phones and web chats are in no way responsible for a logistics meltdown of this size (or any) - but I do think they need to let people know - at the time of signing up - what is happening. It is very much a far greater problem than they have any jurisdiction over. Optus as a company need to let us know that this is happening and they need to word up their call centre staff and web chat crew to be able to answer honestly.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Nappy
Occasional Contributor

Re: Delivery Delays can we get an ETA?

Getting crazy now, Optus has to stop taking orders other wise the backlog us going to take months to clear. I fear it all ready will, who will wants there devices or item by then???????? Will be obsolete ....well...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Nappy
Occasional Contributor

Re: Delivery Delays can we get an ETA?

See other websites like office works have a similar message about delivery...turning I to a right cluster #$%. Toll maybe should of paid the hacker cause they might go bankrupt.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor IngYeo
Occasional Contributor

Alternative solutions is somewhere they perhaps should have been 10 days ago 

It's really difficult to envision that organising delivery options  is akin to orgasing Band Aid 

It seems that Optus finds the situation completely  ok - brief texts saying there is no news and no news in the foreseeable future but if news does come there way that will absolutely let us know is not an appropriate position 

Maybe " we are doing everything we can to fix this and in the meantime we are harnessing alternative delivery options and are aiming to get your order to you by ... Some date or time that isn't just a vague reference to nothing specific?

I am a doctor & am travelling through our back NT & WA on and off from Dec through March. I have been doing this with my old 3g phone -- it's pretty untenable 

It never occurred to me that Optus wouldn't put every dollar and resource they needed to to achieve  their delivery commitments within a week or so tops.

Wth? HOW is this ok?

Top Contributors