Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Important update | Impact to deliveries from Optus

Come on  @Ray_YC  & @Dan_C , don't you think its time we got an update? The problems are clearly continuing and comms to your directly affected customers are as misleading, non-existent, ill-informed or just plain wrong, as they were when this started.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No one has contacted me and when I have rang chasing my delivery they haven't said anything about this either...

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

YetAnotherACC, We've been in contact with the relative teams, they're working hard with delivery partners to find alternative solutions. As soon as we have an update you can be sure we'll post it here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Ok. You might want to tell management that their lack of communication and the deceptive nature of the comms that they do provide to their directly impacted customers clearly falls into the ACCC "missleading and deceptive practice" wheelhouse from what I can tell. So they might want to reconsider ther stace, as the longer they keep that stance the likelyhood of a fine increases, or the size the fine is likely to increase if they have already crossed any "good faith" threshold.

*** NOTE ***

My reply (above) was in direct response to @Ray_YC comment, but unfortunately its been edited and my reply now comes across as too harsh. In the original version Ray stated that he and others have been asking management for updates daily. There was no update this time either, hence my original reply, and it certainly did not contain "We've been in contact with the relative teams, they're working hard with delivery partners to find alternative solutions" as it currently states.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

While it's not directly Optus fault I'm mad at them for not putting the thumb in Toll to get things moving. Tolls website suggests everything is pretty much going just all systems aren't online.

I've tried to cancel my order and I was super polite, Saying I understand there is a issue but I'm leaving the country on Saturday so I have to buy another phone was told yep it will be cancelled and will receive a refund in 3-5 days and that I will get an email confirmation.

Still haven't got email. I don't have an account with Optus. If you go to the mobile phone page and click pay outright you can go straight to check out with buying a SIM or having an account so I feel is going to be hard to get a refund. Phone was to replace a stolen one, so no I'm going to buy the same phone 3 times in 6 months.....lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Delivery Delays can we get an ETA?

It's been almost 2 weeks since Toll/ Startrack had their cyber security incident that has holted deliveries 

I have messaged them directly with zero response and Optus just ke erpssuing they have no idea when deliveries will happen 

This is ridiculous-- I ordered this phone weeks ago and it was an in-stock 1-3 day delivery

I need at least  an ETA on a delivery & I am sure I am not alone 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can you please advise what steps are being taken to assist impacted clients?

I assume as a minimum Optus won’t be billing people for the time they didn't have their phone, please confirm

Can I obtain a SIM card from a shop to use in an old phone while I wait? I’m waiting on a business phone and need to use the number next week

I can’t see anything from Optus were they are taking any responsibility for this delay and trying to mitigate any customer impacts

So far the response from Optus seems very poor, I’d expect a company of their size who promotes themselves as being about customer service, to be far more proactive in a situation like this

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Delivery Delays can we get an ETA?

Doesn't look like you'll get updates anytime soon. See here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I ordered updated plan and mobile online 20th January... 11 days before so called Global Cyber Incident... 

I have contacted Optus over 5 times and been given all sorts of answers.. #2 tracking numbers - which don't track anything, #will be delivered within 48hrs, still waiting.... #can't contact warehouse, #wrong delivery address abbreviation Mt not Mount, #emergency evacuation at warehouse and now #Global Cyber Incident...which one is it?  When I contacted them again earlier in the week was then a new excuse the logistic team and cyber incident and as far as they know there is no risk to customer information/privacy. What the?? I was never contacted by Optus had to contact them over the weeks. 

3 weeks and waiting just to see outcome and if any compensation is considered for long term customers and the inconvenience of excessive delays.

Rant Over.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The others are sorta lucky as they have local stores around. They can cancel the online order and get them in-store. I live in a rural town and the nearest Optus business centre is 2 hours away. My mobile data suffers whilst I’m waiting for the wireless broadband. This is really getting annoying.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors