Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How to claim the Optus COVID-19 Support Health Workers offer

*This offer is no longer available. Please visit Covid-19 Support: Health Workers offer for more information.

To show our appreciation to health workers putting themselves on the frontline, day in day out, to protect and help Australians during this pandemic, we're covering some of the costs of their eligible Postpaid mobile services.

Eligible health workers can request a waiver of access charges for 3 months for their eligible Optus Postpaid mobile service by registering their details through our Online Form and verifying themselves as an eligible health worker.

This offer is available online between 8 April - 30 April 2020.

For more information, please visit our Covid-19 Support: Health Workers offer help and support page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
33 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: How to claim the Optus COVID-19 Support Health Workers offer

The Health workers offer doesn't allow HCW who are PCW in aged care to access the offer - only applies to doctors, nurses etc  PCW are also HCW

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

How can I claim the OPTUS COVID-19 support for healthcare workers if my AHPRA registration is in my maiden name but my Optus account (and Driving License etc) are in my married name. Is faxing my marriage certificate sufficient proof of identity?

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello..
Sonographers (ultrasound) are working so hard during these times but unfortunately are not eligible for COVID-19 support because our registration is different to AHPRA. Is there anyway we can still apply ?
Thanks
Ashlee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Such a shame, not to include HCW and PCW. They're equally on the front line taking care of the vulnerable.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there Ray,

I think it is a great thing that Optus are doing for Health Care workers! Unfortunately, Health Care Workers like myself who are working 6 days a week with vulnerable homeless people in a medical clinic means that because we are not APRHA members we are not eligible. I do the same job as my nurse colleagues as a Community Health Worker and I am still on outreach (not working from home). We also offer COVID19 testing at our clinic!

So why is it that Optus aren't acknowledging the Health Care Workers like myself working on the frontline when other companies like Macdonalds, Nandos and Frontliners.org are recognising us as health workers when we show our work ID or email from our health related organisational email addresses. I realise you have to draw a line somewhere, but really Optus, why are Chinese Medicine Practitioners being acknowledged (as they are APRHA members) but not those who are actually responding to the Pandemic on the frontline?

Thanks also to all the Supermarket workers, the cleaners, truckers and other essential workers who are working thier butt off day in and out. I think that those of us who have worked extra shifts and double hours should be given an extra months holiday at the end of all of this! Gosh, we are going to need it!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, I agree, I am sitting next to a nurse right now as I type this. What are they doing that is any different to what we are doing? In my organisation the nurses and the health care workers do the same job. I can't write more here about what I do due to confidentiality / privacy issues - but I wish  I could be included in this campaign by Optus too! Please rethink Optus! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am attempting to sign up to the above offer. Have completed the online form, but keeps rejecting when trying to submit.

Also, how do I get the bonus data offered?

Many thanks

Joel Sadowsky

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey Joel,

Is there an error message or anything specifying why it rejects?

For bonus data please see: How to activate the Optus Covid-19 Support Bonus Data offer

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Three months free for health staff

This scheme seemed to be only eligible for doctors and registered nurses. For all those other front line health staff like AIN (assistant in nursing) , Porter and housekeeping are not able to have the offer. Please revise the term and conditions , so a lot more health staff who really need those money to get through the pandemic time.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors