Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How to activate the Optus COVID-19 Support Bonus Data offer

*This offer is no longer available to activate. Please visit COVID-19 Support: Bonus Data for more information.

We're giving all eligible Postpaid mobile customers a one-off add-on of 20GB bonus data per service which can be activated through the 
My Optus app anytime during the month of April and is valid for 30 days from activation.

For eligible Prepaid customers, we'll also offer 10GB of additional data when you recharge $40 or more, or purchase $40 or more value SIM during April 2020.

For more information, please see our help and support page COVID-19 Support: Bonus Data

Prepaid customers: 

The Prepaid bonus data is available on $40+ recharges on all eligible Prepaid Mobile plans or when you purchase $40+ value SIM. Customers must recharge between 01/04/2020 - 30/04/2020 to be elegible. 

Eligible plans include: New Turbo Cap Plus,Optus Prepaid Supercharge, Crew Cap, Turbo Cap Bonus, Super Cap by Optus, Prepaid Mobile Broadband, Optus Prepaid Cap, My Prepaid Ultra, My Prepaid Ultra Plus, My Prepaid Ultimate, Prepaid Ultimate Plus, Optus Prepaid Epic Data, Optus Prepaid Epic Value. 

Keep in mind: Additional data may take up to 72 hours to apply and does not rollover.

Postpaid customers:

When you launch the app, you will see a pop-up notification. Select, Bonus Data in April. Follow the prompts to activate your 20GB bonus data. 

If you can't see the notification, follow the steps below: 

1. Select the mobile service (tap on the icon in the top left hand corner)
2. Tap on Service from the bottom menu bar
3. Tap on Add-ons from the top menu bar
4. Scroll down and tap on Data
5. Tap the View data add-ons button
6. Select the 20GB $0.00 per month option and tap Continue
7. Confirm you've selected 20GB and tap on Buy now
8. Tap on OK at the order confirmation screen
9. Repeat the above process if you have other eligible services
10. You will receive an order reference text and/or e-mail, the data is added up to 4 hours from activation.

COVID Bonus Data.PNG

If you have any questions about this offer, please click on the help and support link above or reply below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
61 Replies
murrae
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to activate the Optus COVID-19 Support Bonus Data offer

Cheers that works.

Croubie
New Contributor
New Contributor

So the original posting a week ago said it would be available 'via the app or through myaccount'. Now everything is just saying 'via the app'.
Why the change?
It's kind of hard to download the app when you don't have any data left to do so, if I do that it will automagically charge me the extra $10 for another 1gb.

Or even better, why not just waive those extra $10/gb charges, up to a maximum of 20 times?
askfung
New Contributor
New Contributor

yes it was helpful, but when I used My Optus App to try activate the bonus data, it said that my SMS wasn't linked to the account, so I cant see the mobile service details, hence can't activate bonus. How to solve this problem please?
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi askfung,

Please see our help and support article: How to Add / Remove Services in My Account

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Tungchan
New Contributor
New Contributor

my Optus App service Add-on page just said "Something went wrong"
kuni
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ray, I've got prepaid mobile & remote/mobile wifi at home. I was told that I can activate this in My Account for my home remote wifi for extra 20GB, but I do not see the option. I don't hardly use mobile, but I downloaded the My Optus Up, but it does not show my mobile wifi account. It says that we need to leave message, then someone can contact us, but the Chat in My Optus App does now work in my mobile. So, how do I get this extra 20GB? My broadband is disappearing very quickly as we are enforced to WFH. Thank you very much.
kuni
Contributor
Contributor

It would have been very helpful if it were to have rolled out automatically into our account, considering even the support chat is off in the current circumstances. This was meant to support us, than to give extra stress....
Tags (1)
Tresan11
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Ray_YC,

Could you please help me. I am up to the add-ons page in the app, when i click on "view data add-ons" it says "sorry we are unable to display your services in our app".

I then try to go to my account, once logged in it tells me my browser isn't up to date, i just updated to be sure. Its chrome v.80.

Would appreciate your help. Thanks!
kuni
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ray, this morning I saw new notice or the "COVID-19 Support: Optus Fixed Broadband". Thank you very much for listening to the customer's suggestion. However not all fixed broadband plan is not included in the Eligible Plans list. Is 'My Mobile Broadband Plus' included? My Optus App does does not work in my mobile, nor able to send help chat message from there, simply pops warning the "Unfortunately My Optus has closed.". Thank you.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors