Searching...

A Community Manager's tips for getting your question answered

Ray_YC

Hey there Yes Crowd!

Having observed our Community for a little over a year now, I thought I'd share five quick tips on getting your question answered:

• First, search for an answer first. Chances are your question has already been asked e.g. How do I get a replacement Fetch remote?

• If you haven't looked already, you may find your answer instantly searching the Help and Support page.

• If you need to ask Yes Crowd a question, start with a good subject line so it appeals to users to look at it and comes up well in search results.
    Poor Examples: "Internet", "Bill", "Complaint". Better examples: "My ADSL internet has stopped working", "I need more time to pay my bill", "How do I make a complaint about my relocation?" 

• When asking your question, provide as much specific detail as you can to allow the forum community to better understand what the topic is about and if/how they can help.
    E.g. Are you having a problem with your NBN? Tell us what type of NBN connection it is, or what type of other internet connection you have. If it's a device issue what is the make and model of it? What troubleshooting have you already tried? What plan are you on? When did the issue start? Have you already spoken to Optus? etc.

• Don't post your personal information like your phone/account number, e-mail address on our public page. It's a breach of our Community Guidelines and more importantly you're putting your own security at risk. We don't have access to or visibility of your account here. If you need help that involves accessing your account, you're welcome to still ask the question but you would need to contact Optus for assistance.

It's likely your question will be answered by some of our awesome regular contributors including:
@Jeneral__Pain @Yeldarb @Davelew @petergdownload @SillyGogo @Paddylee 

and I'm sure they have more tips to share Smiley Happy
Make sure you give them Kudos and mark it as an Accepted Solution.

Thanks for reading!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: A Community Manager's tips for getting your question answered

Davelew

Hi

Good advice @Ray_YC 

I would add  to keep it polite and don't use capitals or underlining inappropriately.

If you are new to the forum create a user name which is suitable for you and not one which indecent or inappropriate.

If a  yes crowd member has tried to help keep them informed in the thread of your progress.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

You need to pin this post to the top of the forum Ray.

SillyGogo

Great tips everyone. @Ray_YC Is it possible to have a template for each new post where  the user and fill in the gaps under each heading?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

The platform is currently being upgraded however I don't believe that raised suggestion/request or something close to it was possible. I'm working on getting permission to give you guys a sneak peek so stay tuned.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Kara_YC

Great tips @Ray_YC & @Davelew !

Looking forward to seeing the new platform Smiley Very Happy

cancel the optus service

sarad_dj

hi, i m trying to cancel my dsl service with optus and the optus team members are holding the line , passing the line to unrelated department and hung up the line. need help .....thanks

Highlighted

Re: cancel the optus service

AlistarS

Evening, @Sarad_D,

If you're not having much luck over the phone, I'd suggest Live Chat or our Social service team on FB or Twitter.

They should be able to pop through the cancellation. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
26 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
3 Kudos