Searching...

when will be able to have 2 fetch tv boxes in one house

kyriacandro

I want to be able to watch the premier league in multiple rooms

Re: when will be able to have 2 fetch tv boxes in one house

ninkasi

Hi @kyriacandro - You can do it now, you just can't have more than one Fetch associated with an account. So you can for example have a Fetch box on your broadband account, and a Fetch mini on your mobile account. Don't forget (if it's just for the EPL) you can always watch that on a tablet or mobile, and potentially 'cast' or 'airplay' that to something like a chromecast or apple tv on the second tv. Not sure if you'd be able to watch two games at once (ie be streaming one game on the Fetch box, and watching another in another room via the app) but if not - and you want to be able to do that - then the Fetch mini may be the way to go.

Cheers

Hollie

Hey Guys

Just to confirm, we don't support multiple room Yes TV by Fetch setups at this point in time but it is technically possible. In regards to alternate methods of viewing, at this stage chromecast isn't supported but we do have an App available to use via the 4th Gen Apple TV or AirPlay is also supported on older Gen AppleTV's. 

Hope this helps.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

ninkasi

Hi @Hollie - My bad. I'd seen something about it being supported, but that didn't come from Optus. Just fired up the app then and indeed it isn't there. Ah well.

Hollie

No problems @ninkasi, I just thought it was best to jump in and clarify to make sure everyone is getting the correct info.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

shuks

Hopefully Optus will be able to come up with a fix  to add The Sports Channels to the Optus Fetch TV App then you'll be able to play another stream in another room or same room using a tablet using the Optus Fetch TV App.

Highlighted

Shae

It may be something we look to do later on, but for the moment Optus sport will only be available via the Optus Sport app.

kyriacandro

I understand that we can watch it on a tablet or a website but that is not the same and the quality is not as good when will there be multiroom that was one of the main attractions of foxtel. What would happen if i bought another fetch tv box off of a friend that never used it when he got it with an optus account could i set that up on the same house. Or i have another account for my other house could i take that box and set it up in my house to have 2 boxes ???

Gen_R

@kyriacandro - as the Fetch box is attached to his account, it won't work with yours as you can only watch the EPL through once account on one device at a time (if that makes sense).

If you have more than one service and login for the Premier League, then you can have a second Fetch sent, it still has to be attached to your service though. 

kyriacandro

I have 2 optus services. Your dating i can take the fetch from one and have to at my place? ??? Why can't optus just let me have 2 on my account at home then 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo