Searching...

watching live game

SK75

Im currently watching EPL on my laptop and the quality is extremely poor and basically unwatchable.  I streamed on my mobile phone and the picture is great - Im mirroring from samsung s6 to samsung tv.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Re: watching live game

Dannyb

Issues streaming on phone. Missed the 1st goal.

not a good start, not happy!

Repofmancunia

Hi SK75. Yes the Chrome Laptop streaming is crappy - but the AndroidApp quality is much better. Dont know how this can be unless it is a compression issue. I did the Laptop and Galaxy Tab together and like chalk and cheese so it cannot be a line speed issue.

Marie

Yikes! Really sorry to hear that Repofmancunia Smiley Sad 

Are you streaming these both at the same time?

This may use up your bandwidth and cause issues with one if not both streams.

I'd recommend checking out our troubleshooting info for Chrome issues here.

Let me know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Repofmancunia

Hi Marie

4pm Monday afternoon. I have totally deleted the WIDEVINECDM (took two goes) and then reinstalled it after a boot of chrome.

Watching Manutd replay - picture quality is ok but it stops and buffers every three to 5 mins. 

The test of the picture quality will be the live Chelsea game tomorrow morning. i will let you know if it is any better.

Hollie

Hey @Repofmancunia, please do let us know if it gets any better - you can also chat with our TV & Content tech team on 1800230158 about this, they can investigate further and have a look at the kind of stream quality you're seeing and get to the bottom of what's causing the lower picture quality. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Repofmancunia1

Hi Hollie. 

Finally after the chrome VIDetc reset and a chat with the technical team (dont know what they did but my line speed also seems to have increased from about 4Mps to over 6 MPs, so  this mornings Chelsea WestHam game LIVE was sort of pretty good. Able to watch with minimal "buffering" - just once. The picture still only about SD (or just below SD quality) but at least viewable with sound. Thanks

Highlighted

Repofmancunia1

Now to try and get My Account and my YESCROWD to talk to each other. Every day with Optus brings a new challenge (hence the new login name)

Repofmancunia1

Try the WIDEVINECDM issue - it seemed to work for me.

Hollie

Thanks for letting us know they were able to get it sorted for you Smiley Happy In regards to your My Account and Yes Crowd linking problems, more than happy to help out if you can PM me your Optus My Account log in username and your full name, DOB and all of your Yes Crowd usernames too.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo