Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
supadave
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: sleep mode after 3 hours, how to turn off

I found running it through a sound bar I recently purchased worked in much the same way as your situation with the Xbox. 

0 Kudos
skyp
New Contributor
New Contributor

Have followed this thread with interest, following all the tips for our new Fetch Mighty box we've just installed. The mini was no problem, connected to a Sharpe TV. The main box, connected to Hisense TV, just would not come out of sleep mode once it was turned off! Same day as installation, was frustrating to say the least!

Eventually we reformatted it, with no difference. But since we changed the HDMI connected port, it has worked perfectly. Have waited to post until this morning when the whole system was successfully turned back on! 

Hope this helps others seeking a little positive feedback! 

0 Kudos
Roguesailor
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am happy to say that my issue has been fixed.  We had the box plugged into a power saver powerboard.  The Mighty was plugged into the socket that didn't switch off, while the tv was plugged into one of the sockets that did.  When the tv was switched off, that was the cue for the countdown to switch off the powerboard.  But when the powerboard switched off, it sent the Mighty into sleep mode, even though it was plugged into the permantly on connection.  On switching on, we had to reboot the Mighty to get it to work again.  We changed the powerboard out for a normal one and the Mighty started to work fine.  Checking it 24 hours later and it was still working fine.  Since then, we haven't had an issue.  So for our issue, it happened to be a power saving powerboard.  Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.

SheyleD
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue

Have to remove power from Fetch box and restart. Then pain as I the TV on whilst working at home and have to keep restarting.

Ready to dump fetch all together.

0 Kudos
SheyleD
New Contributor
New Contributor

Both my Fetch box and new NBN box are overheating..

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @SheyleD, not good to hear of the issues. You should be able to wake your box up by pressing any button. If you're getting consistent hardware faults, please raise this with Tech Support to organise a new box. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ST13P
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have spent some time looking for a solution. I have a Samsung TV. Same symtoms with box not waking from sleep.  Menus and guides work but no picture or sound from any source.  The box is hot. It is free in my package otherwise I would send it back. I’ve already had about 5 replacements with about 2 months turnaround and loss of settings and recordings. There is no setting to turn off sleep mode. 

These boxes are lemons until Fetch or Optus come with a decent upgrade 

SheyleD
New Contributor
New Contributor

My daughter moves out in July so I will take her Foxtel box then...
So over Optus ..been with them for over 30yrs and ready to move

0 Kudos
Top Contributors