Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
supadave
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: sleep mode after 3 hours, how to turn off

Has there been any development with this issue? I am still having the power down before watching fetch by pulling out the power cord. It's a Gen 3 issue as this didn't happen with my Gen2 box. And yes, I have performed soft and hard resets and this is the 2nd Gen3 box I have had with the same issue. Not happy!!

0 Kudos
Missgraaace
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unfortunately not... it's a slight pain in the rear. Especially when coupled with the fact that my fetch tv remote powers on my Xbox one every time without fail.

0 Kudos
prj32
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Any updates guys? I also have 2 x Sony X8500D panels with latest Mighty STB, both are not recovering after 1-3 hours of no use. Menu works (albeit slow), however recorded TV, live TV or IP TV dont function without Mighty restart.

0 Kudos
mickgardner
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can confirm that it is still happening. I can only report a minor workaround we have discovered: turn the tv off with the tv remote and the set top box off with the set top box remote (when you are finished watching tv), then when you want to watch tv again, start the tv withe the tv remote andbthe turn on the stb with its remote. This seems to work around the isdue, though its still inconvenient.

Hopefully someone at Optus is taking note of this and putting pressure on FetchTV to fix this issue.

prj32
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @mickgardner

re you also required to put the Fetch TV into Standby (i.e. Power Button on Fetch remote) in order for your discovered fix to work?

Currently I am thinking of cancelling the Fetch TV service and returning units (I have 2 x Mighty and 1 x Mini) because this IMO is a major functional issue, especially with WAF. I have had no issues with several other AV devices with these TVs. 

0 Kudos
supadave
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all,

Maybe it is a Sony specific problem. My TV is a KD-65X9300C.

It would be nice to see a response from Optus or Fetch regarding this issue. I'm also considering giving up on Fetch.

0 Kudos
Kazzza
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have a Panasonic tv and have this issue too so it doesn't seem to be just a  Sony issue. We had this on our Gen2 box and have recently upgraded to the Mighty - I was so disappointed when it happened on the second day and pretty much every day since! We never normally turn the box off so when not using so will try this and see if it works. 

0 Kudos
Roguesailor
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just got a new mighty to replace the tivo, as that is shutting down, and set it up last night. Within 2 - 3 hours of finishing setting it up, this issue hit. Twice last night and again this morning. Has there been any progress on a fix? Each time I had to go into the menu and do a box restart. Everytime it occurred, I would get a picture with no sound for a few seconds and then the tv went blank.

0 Kudos
prj32
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What brand of TV do you have? Make sure you post the make and model of your TV. 

I have been talking to Fetch support about this issue for the past few months. This is a known issue to them and they are working with TV OEMs (including Sony) to fix, hopefully with the next release. ETA not confirmed.

In the meantime I have a unique workaround which is working for me as I (and wife) got sick of unplugging the Mighty mutilple times a day and often cancelling recordings because of it. If you have a Xbox One you can use the HDMI In port and relay the Fetch TV through the Xbox using the Live TV feature. You will need to config Mighty for 1080P (4K doesn't work) and set the Xbox One for Instant On. The catch is you will need to power on and off the Xbox each time you want to watch TV but it resolves the need to physically unplug the Fetch when HDMI loses signal. You could take this configuration further with enabling some of the Xbox automation options with powering on TV when Xbox starts, but I kept simple. Given the Xbox One S is designed for long use it operates fine for long periods of time with very little heat. Much cooler than Mighty. Drop a post on this thread if it works for you.

Paitiently waiting for next Fetch TV firmware. 

PJ

0 Kudos
Roguesailor
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, I will give it a try and if it works, post it up here.  My TV is an LG, model 32LG30D-AA.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors