Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Yudha
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: sleep mode after 3 hours, how to turn off

Seems it might be the TV, have plugged into a different TV and so far no problem.

Will keep updated.

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Thanks for letting us know @Yudha.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
NeilH
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have just taken delivery of a new Fetch TV Mini.

My problem appears to be same that others have raised.  That is, when I turn my TV back on after more than 3 hours the Fetch system will display a message on the screen that it has gone into a deep sleep after 3 hours and I need to press any key, I guess to wake it up.  As reported by others with the same problem this does not work.  I have to turn the system off and then on at the power point to get it to work again.  Given that others are experiencing this same issue what is the fix?

I am guessing that the manufacture has been made aware of this problem - have they come back with a fix?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No fix as of yet I'm afraid @NeilH, I'm assuming it needs a software update. If you send me a private message with your Optus username, full name and DOB. I'll send off a referral to the Yes TV by Fetch guys and see if they've had any updates yet. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
supadave
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue with the Gen3 box as above. Has there been a fix?

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Hey @supadave, be default sleepmode is set to 3 hours and unfortunately this can't be changed. 

0 Kudos
Missgraaace
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why not power off the entire box when you turn the tv off? Ours sometimes goes into sleep mode while we are watching it and haven't had the issue of a blank screen after 'waking it' from sleep mode... 

ours does however decide to show a blank screen if we watch for too long and try to change the channel... I have read that this is actually a common issue... hard reset wasn't going to work for us because we had only had the box for less than 24 hrs.. if we are patient and wait for it, it does go to the channel we want, but sometimes we just need to do as others have said and switch off at the wall/unplug and reboot again... 

as far as I'm aware sleep mode can be switched off but it isn't recommended.... 

0 Kudos
Casey_

Hey Missgraaace, as far as we are aware sleep mode cannot be switched off however I have just emailed Fetch directly to confirm this. If you are able to, I will post instructions on this thread when I receive a response. Although you have had your device less than 24 hours this shouldn't prevent you from performing a reset. To reset your box and clear out any potential bugs, go to Menu>Manage>Settings>Device Info>Options>Restart. If the Fetch powered down when you switched your TV off it would cancel any recordings during that time. You can manually switch off the box via the remote if you do not wish to leave it on whilst your TV is switched off. Let us know how you go after resetting. 

0 Kudos
Missgraaace
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm almost certain I read somewhere during setup that choosing to enable sleep mode lengthened the life of the box.... 

and as for the reset, well it was brand new... I shouldn't have needed to reset it if it was brand new right? 

I turn my box and tv off everytime and all of my recordings still record.. 

0 Kudos
Casey_

I can't find anything in regards to sleep mode in the user guide and our last confirmation from Fetch was that we are unable to deactivate it. I will await there response before confirming. You shouldn't have to reset your Fetch box, however if you're experiencing issues with the box regardless of how old it is, the first step of troubleshooting is to perform a reset. If you just switch your Fetch box onto standby mode then it will continue to record shows, if you power off the box completely then it may prevent your shows from recording. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors