Searching...

sleep mode after 3 hours, how to turn off

LLBB

I left the fetch box on as you would with any set-top box, of course the tv will be turned on and off as you please, after turning the tv back on after several hours of being off, the box stated it was in sleep mode and will be in this mode after 3 hrs, can this be turned off? what if a game is set to record a day in advance and I dont watch tv for for 24hrs? will it record the game while in sleep mode?

Re: sleep mode after 3 hours, how to turn off

Scott_M

Hey there! Try menu>manage>settings>network > bandwidth, then Hardware Health and Disable Sleep Mode.

LLBB

Hi That's strange it didn't seem to work

not sure if we have the same gen box but my options seem a little different to yours, I have...

settings-user-hardware health-

under hardware health I have the option of choosing "managed" or "never stops" with a info box stating the following...

"managed (recommended) - this will increase the lifetime of your fetch TV box by stopping pause and rewind live TV after 3 hours of viewing a channel"

i selected "never stops" but upon turning the Tele on this morning I found it again in sleep mode, I went back into the settings and indeed found it was selected to "never stops" not sure what to do now ....

Vicky

Sorry about the late reply LLBB Smiley Sad

Scheduled recordings will still go ahead even if the set top box is in sleep mode. The option to completely remove this option may not be available for your model Smiley Sad

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

LLBB

thanks, as long as it dosnt interupt recordings im fine with it

Vicky

No worries at all Smiley Happy Shout out if you need a hand with anything else.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mickgardner

I am having a similar problem with my fetch tv, except it's not recording that is interrupted. (I have a new fetch tv)

I have a Sony Bravia X8500D TV with android TV on it.   When the Fetch TV goes to sleep I have to literally pull the power plug out and then put it back in again before it will wake up. 

I've tried playing with the settings on the TV and also tried looking for settings on the set-top-box to try and stop it from going to sleep but I can't find anything that will stop this issue from occuring.

Please help!

Toomey

Hey Mick, when Yes TV by Fetch auto-sleeps, it normally just displays a message to press any button to resume watching. Definitely shouldn't need to do a whole power cycle.

You mentioned you have the new Fetch TV, would that be the Mighty or Mini box?

Have you got any other TVs at home that you could test the box on? That should help us rule out the other equipment

Cleab

Yes I am having the exact same problem where after at least 3 hrs of the tv off the Fetch box shows a blank screen when you power on the tv.

In a previous post I have run through all the troubleshooting that has been suggested including a new Fetch box. 

I now suspect that the sleep mode is affecting the box and the picture.

How do you turn off the Sleep on a Mighty box?

Toomey

Unfortunately it can't be disabled Smiley Sad

I've sent feedback on this issue multiple times to try and get it changed. I'll tag and submit your comments now. Definitely agree that the option to disable sleep mode is needed. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
3 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo