Searching...

Re: sleep mode after 3 hours, how to turn off

Yudha

Having exactly same issue, have had Optus send me a new unit, same thing, just goes into a frozen state that I have to pull power point out to continue using, bought the power point cable internet connectors, same thing. Seems to get very hot not sure if its overheating and just freezing, the hard drive seems to keep whirring even though box stops working, just black screen, driving me nuts.

Shae

Really sorry to hear this Yudha, can I ask if turning off the sleep mode function does anything to stop the device freezing? Have you tried a hard reset on the device to see if that may resolve the issue? Be sure that you didn't have any unwatched movies or recordings the you wanted to watch as the hard reset deletes all of this and there wouldn't be an option to retrieve them. Keep us posted on how you go with it. 

Yudha

Have tried everything, including a new unit, still does it. Does seem to be better with the powered internet cables so must be related to internet signal, any advice would be appreciated.

Hannah-L

Ooops, just a correction to what Shae said above, sleep mode can't be disabled. Have you tried moving the set top box so that there's more space/air around it? The set top box shouldn't require a full power cycle in order to reconnect.

Yudha

yep, moved box, it froze again, hard-drive keeps running even though screen just becomes black.

Hannah-L

Hmmm, okay. Can you please send me a PM with your account number, home address, full name and DOB so that I can take a look into this for you? I might need to refer this issue to our Case Management team.

Yudha

Actually I just remembered we had a power surge/ mini blackout last night which may explain the freeze, I'll give it another 24 hrs and see if it happens again.

Hannah-L

Ah right, yes that definitely could've caused the freeze. Please let us know how you get on. Smiley Happy

Yudha

OK, so it did it again a few hours later... so how do I PM you?

Highlighted

Nghi

To send a private message, click on a moderator's name. It will send you to their profile page and you should see a button labelled "Send private message" if you're logged into Yes Crowd.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo