Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mungral
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: optus sport on windows phone

any news from who?  Perhaps Optus could release an official statement regarding what exactly (if anything) is being developed.  I suspect the answer is "nothing". 

Guy
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I'm referring to news from our product team. If we have any announcements to make regarding support for the Windows platform, along with any other platforms then we will do so.

0 Kudos
mungral
New Contributor
New Contributor

while us Windows users sit patiently waiting; could you confirm that Optus do have plans for us to use Optus sport and even MyOptus some time in the future?

At least knowing that no app development is planned is better than "it might happen"

0 Kudos
Miles_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Nothing to confirm at this stage mungral and I can definitely understand your frustration with this. We do try to offer customers as many platforms as possible to access the Optus Sport app and hopefully we can get our app in the Windows App store one day.

0 Kudos
Marshall
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@mungral, thanks for hitting them up again on this topic...So 6 months on from when I asked (and others as well) if anything was happening with Windows phone apps and it is the same answer. 'Not sure', 'maybe'. What a joke. It justifies my decision to buy an s6 off a mate outright and just use it as my phone from now on (which I've been doing for the last 5 months). Clever? No, because I still have another year left to pay out my lumina. I freely admit that I made a big mistake supporting windows phone, when I should have seen the writing on the wall, but hey Optus, how come you didn't see it either? And rather than just say "whoops, things are in development...maybe or something", just come out and say "we stuffed up. WP is dead and we won't be supporting it with apps". It might hurt those windows die hards out there but we would respect you a lot more for being honest and also because we would know where we stand.

mungral
New Contributor
New Contributor

"as many platforms as possible" Smiley Frustrated

I would think (I obviously haven't completed any market research) that most sports viewers would want to watch Premier League and cricket on a TV.  Streaming to a phone or tablet is pretty cool but I assume most users find this a gimmick and cast to a proper screen to watch games.

I'll let this drop now.  I've learnt my lesson and will sit by and buy a cheap android phone to follow the rest of the season whilst using my WP for business and syncing with other Microsoft products; PC, Xbox etc.

Marshall
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@mungral, you aren't alone in learning a lesson mate. I think we are all going to be grabbing a different platform come re-contract time! 

0 Kudos
mikeyjames2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

We simply need to face the fact that Optus don't care about:

- Supporting the phones they sell us.

- letting the cable network become a rundown mess.

- overprescribing the cable network so that during peak times it's useless.

- etc

In other words, they simply don't care about existing customers.

0 Kudos
Marie

Sorry to hear you feel this way mikeyjames2 😞

I'll certainly pass your feedback on.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors