cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor michaelg24
Occasional Contributor

optus sport on windows phone

Are there any plans to make a windows phone app? Or at least enable edge browser for mobile?

18 Replies
Occasional Contributor leorash007
Occasional Contributor

Re: optus sport on windows phone

The people who watch EPL are the guys who mostly play FIFA or PES on Xbox or Playstation, Everyone else in Australia loves AFL or NRL. Optus please get your research right and get the app for consoles, you guys are losing on a lot of business and your customers. Please get an Universal Windows App for Surface, Xbox, Windows Phone and other 2 in 1 PCs.

Moderator Tris

Hi michaelg24, no info on support for WP or Edge browser for mobile at this stage, feedback has been passed on regarding compatibility though. At this stage, you would need to access Optus Sport via a compatible device/browser 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is really poor from Optus. I purchased the phone through you and ow you don't support it. Is there really a need to pass this information on to the tech guys? Shouldn't it have been obvious - support the phones we sell to our customers.

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

I can see where you're coming from @mikeyjames2 and we will pass the feedback on but at this stage we don't have a timeframe on support for WP. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Marshall
Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry to sound harsh but frankly "we don't have a timeframe for WP..." is just not good enough from Optus. Yes sure wp doesn't have the market share, but Optus sell the phones. I purchased my Lumia from Optus on a two year plan,  so where is the support for the OS? There is still no myoptus app for windows phone, and reading between the lines it appears that the Optus sports app is not coming to wp at all.

While I like the wp OS at times, I'm happy to admit that I've made a mistake in terms of supporting this platform when it seems obvious that even the company I bought the phone/plan through has decided to abandon what they've sold. I don't expect Pokemon go, or official versions of clash of clans or whatever on windows phone, because I get the business case argument. What I do expect is an app for the very carrier I purchased the damn phone from!

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well said! Optus loves taking our money for Windows Phone, but when it comes to support, not a care in the world.

New Contributor iBryanC
New Contributor

It'd be really easy for the developers to develop the app for Xbox since the Windows Store is now available for the console. So there's the incentive.

0 Kudos
New Contributor mungral
New Contributor

Has anything changed at Optus regarding WP support for EPL or is it a case of say nothin and those inconvenient customers will go away?

Whilst EPL and sports is one thing I just canot believe there is no MyOptus app for Windows.  Unbelievable!

RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Hi mungral. As a Lumia 950XL owner myself I feel your pain, however we still don't have any news on Optus Sport support for Windows Phone / Windows 10 Mobile. If this changes in future then we'll be sure to let customers know.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors