Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
stdungar
New Contributor
New Contributor

optus sport live

Can someone tell me why when watching a live EPL game on my mobile (optus sports) its around 20 sec ahead of the same game on my fetch box please, there is on buffering issues?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: optus sport live

Different delivery methods, different encoding of the stream. 

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

As @Unchained_Pat said. Its also possible the Fetch is indeed buffering a small amount so brief interuptions in the signal don't immeadiately black out the sport for a few seconds (that's a good thing Smiley Happy). 

Funny story, back in the day ABC News radio used to start the news on the hour with 3 beeps to precisely note the hour. With the advent of digital radio they discovered different devices took a different amount of time to decode the digital signal back to analogue and play it. So the three beeps became useless and are now just a relic of history.

Peter Gillespie

stdungar
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok thanks for the fast reply.

My son is watching it down stairs and is cheering and it takes 20 sec before I know what he is going on about 😀

0 Kudos
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

At least its cheering.. Unless you go for different teams. 

Very little cheering when I watch Huddersfield ;(

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How about that, technology suggesting you should watch it together 🙂 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos