cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor helpless
Occasional Contributor

optus is pretty bad

I have to re-install the Optus EPL app on Apple TV every time I want to open it as it crashes. Now it says Device Limit Exceeded. I only have one device.

Any ideas?

Can't find a huam to speak to.

Blooyd frustrating.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: optus is pretty bad

From what I have read this Apple TV problem maxing out the activations limits is a known issue. Optus staff have been very quick on this forum with all EPL issues so hopefully you won’t have to wait long for some help.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Very quick? Not so far. Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just heard it will take 48 hours before someone from Optus will be able to help. I thought they were joking. But they're not. Dreadful service.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Quick for forum standards that is. Smiley Happy You can always try the live chat link below however there is no guarantee that you will get though immediately.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Cheers for providing the Chat link, @Yeldarb Smiley Happy Always a great option when you're in need of a live chat service @helpless. You can also reach our TV and Content team tomorrow on 1800230158.

Can you give us a little more info on what you mean when you say that the app continually crashes? Do you have troubles launching the app after a break in activity or does it crash mid-session? Each time the app is reinstalled it registers as a new device, our Content crew are working on this. For now you can manage the devices by logging in to the Optus Sport page > Settings > Devices. 

Occasional Contributor

Tried the live chat and got passed to three different people who couldn't help.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Have you tried logging in to your Optus Sport account and managing the devices there? If you remove all devices, as soon as you reinstall the app it will be listed again so we can troubleshoot from the beginning.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

That could be it. Why all the others couldn't pass that ino on is beyond me.

Why does it register as a new device after it is deleted and reinstalled?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

That could be it. Why all the others couldn't pass that info on is beyond me.

Why does it register as a new device after it is deleted and reinstalled?

And why does it crash on Apple TV?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors