cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

is Optus Sport available in 1080p?

Hi, has the Optus Sport stream been increased to 1080p? The bitrate looks to the higher. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus sport 1080p

Hi Oethesaint,

We are always working on changing and improving Optus Sport to give our customers the best sport viewing experience possible. 

We recently improved the quality of viewing Optus Sport channels 1 to 6 on the Fetch Mighty and Mini set top box.

To be able to view these changes customers will need to have the following

• A stable internet connection over 5.5Mbps
  • Either a Fetch Mighty or a Mini set top box
  • A compatible TV

For a Mini STB the customer will need to have a TV that displays 1080p at 50Hz

For a Mighty STB the customer will need to have a TV that displays 4K. With this TV the Fetch STB will need to be set at 2160p at 50Hz.

In Fetch you are able to go to the following

Menu > Manage > Settings > Audio and Visual > Video > Display Resolution

Mini should display 1080P @ 50HZ

Mighty Should display 2160P @ 50HZ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @Ray_YC. So does the changes meant it is being streamed at 1080p?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Oethesaint

Currently, incoming Optus Sport feeds are received in 720p. Fetch’s recent adoption of the latest compression technology has allowed them to upscale our 6 Optus Sport channels from 720p to 1080p (full HD) without impacting bandwidth requirements. Remember, this is available across Fetch Gen3 Mighty and Mini only. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks dan_c - I assume the fetch picture settings need to be set to 1080p to receive the upscaled picture quality?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Exactly right!

Try the below:

Menu > Manage > Settings > Audio and Visual > Video > Display Resolution

. Mini should display 1080P @ 50HZ

. Mighty Should display 2160P @ 50HZ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What is the streaming feed for Apple TV app?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi plaver,

I believe 720p.

From June 2020 Optus will launch 4K Ultra HD Live Football content on Optus Sport which will mean that Optus 5G Home customers can enjoy selected games from the Euro 2020 tournament, the 2020/21 Champions League and the 2020/21 Premier League in stunning 4K Ultra HD Streaming quality. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can I have the definitive answer, not I think 🤔

Why is 4K availability being restricted to only a dozen people???
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Definitely 720p.
4K is in the works to be rolled out on a bigger scale.

Top Contributors