cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Matt-Cain
New Contributor

You've ruined my EPL

Optus, you are rubbish. I've left Vodafone, paid money to cancel my contract, signed up to one of your postpaid mobile contracts, got fetch mini, then what happens?? What I always suspected would, I try to watch Liverpool vs Spurs on demand, just after its finished and the message ' streaming issue, please check internet ' appears' the same also happened when trying to watch the live content for the 3pm kick offs. My internet is fine as I could watch the content on my laptop but not my TV. I'm so pissed off its not true, you cannot deliver what you sold me, I've spent hundreds of dollars moving to you just do I could watch the football!! I'm so angry, I love my football and your ruining my viewing experience. But you probably don't care as you managed to get my business, but I'll be leaving. FOXTEL might have been pricey, but it delivered.

25 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: You've ruined my EPL

Hey Matt-Cain, sorry to hear of your service difficulties Smiley Sad Can understand why you'd be feeling frustrated. How is your Fetch mini connected? Wirelessly, Ethernet cable or through the power line adaptors? If wirelessly, is the device within range of your modem? Are you also seeing this message when streaming other content through the Fetch box? We do have a Tech Team available on 1800230158. They'll be happy to further troubleshoot also. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor halfgallon
Contributor

Totally agree, I did the exact same & 3weeks in I havent had one weekend of watching football with  no issues. 1st weekend I had sasme issues as you, 2nd just couldnt get the App working & had to go through all log in again because for some reason I had been signed out &  the latest being getting up this morning at 3 AM to find that my  EPL subscription is no longer valid despite me having home ph, internet & mobile contracts with Optus. I will be cancelling tomorrow & I sincerely hope Optus go broke . Did they not realise that a huge proportion of Australians dont have sufficient internet speed to deliver anything like a quality service. The only thing poorer is their customer service , without doubt the worst I have ever encountered & thats after 10 years with vodafone who supposedly are the worst . This has been an absolute PR disaster for Optus & done huge damage to their image . I will never subscribe to them again in any shape of form . I will just settle for Foxtel & getting highlights until the NBN reaches my place & will then simply stream games . These  idiots will not get another cent out of me. I have a large circle of friends who are huge EPL fans & those that subscribed are unhappy & those who were waitinbg to see how it went are looking at other options given the feedback from people like myself . Optus should have left the EPL to a carrier capable of delivering it in quality HD . Even when you can watch it the pic quality, even on SBS, is like going back over a decade to pre HD days . Huge fail Optus

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Jax K, the modem is no more than 3 metres from my fetch TV box, I have no issues viewing other content just when trying to stream live football, and for the first time when trying to view the on demand Liverpool v spurs game just after it finished. I called your supposed tech wizards which inspired no confidence whatsoever. I received the genius advice that 1. It must have been my internet which dropped out, despite my laptop working fine, then he told to simply turn my fetch tv box off then back on again and that would sort the problem for next week! What a joke, when I pointed out I did just that when trying to view the live contact he had no answers at all. Pissed off does not even come close. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hey @Matt-Cain, could you please confirm if this is still happening and also if you could run a speed test for us →  http://yesopt.us/speedtest? Aman

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Aman, no I can't be bothered anymore,  I've had enough, I've not had an issue free weekend yet. As I've said , you've ruined my viewing experience, Optus simply can't provide the service they advertised. 

Contributor halfgallon
Contributor

I am on the phone now to Optus cancelling & it is the most frustrating experience, I just get passed from one department to another & all I want to do is cancel everything . The people on the other end of the phones are simply ignorant to what you ask & seem to be working on the theory that if they keep passing me around I will just give up. I hope more follow me & then Optus will simply have to act . 

Moderator Vicky

Hi halfgallon,

Really disappointed to hear you feel this way and can appreciate how frustrating this would be. Can see that Jax has replied to your posts from yesterday and understand that you've been having issues with streaming the EPL. Can I confirm if you since had a chance to chat to a Technical Support teamie who was able to look into this for you? More than happy follow this one up for you if you can send us a PM with your full name, DOB and account number.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor halfgallon
Contributor

I feel like I know every member of the tech team I have been in touch that often . They cant help, the internet stream is poor & when my subscription gets cancelled for no reason then thats enough for me . Football fans deserve better than what Optus is offering .

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We'd like to look into this with you if given the opportunity halfgallon? You're welcome to PM through your details as requested earlier. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors