Searching...
Highlighted

Re: You've ruined my EPL

Benks

I'm in the same boat as you Matt, switched over to Optus for EPL. Overall I would say the quality of service is terrible.

I got up at 6am on Sunday to watch Man U Hull before the family got up and there were playback issues via fetch mini (later acknowledged on here to be an issue with the file being uploaded). Other on demands were working so i knew it wasn't my connection. 

I then checked on my phone and the phone app thought the game was still "live" even though it ended hours earlier. Anyway, I clicked on it and it started half way through the game and I saw the score, great! Tried to rewind back as far as I could and the furtherest back I could start was 8 minutes so I just started from then. 

Anyway got to the 80th something minute and the kids started waking up so I closed the app thinking it would end nil all, checked espnfc and saw Man U had scored a late goal so reloaded the app to check it out, but by that stage the app had realised the game wasn't live any more and I couldn't replay it because of the issues with on demand which weren't resolved until later in the afternoon. 

Thankfully United V City is on SBS

halfgallon

I did PM my details as asked  & guess what , nothing, no message, no magic fix . I phoned Optus to tell them I wanted to quit & they told me I would be up for a large fee for breaking my contract . This is really great PR Optus. Word of mouth & social media are very powerful weapons . 

Aman_B

Hey @halfgallon, so sorry to hear that. Could you please confirm if you've PM'd your details. I've checked and couldn't find your details yet.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

halfgallon

I emailed them back, couldnt really see any other option

Aman_B

Hey @halfgallon, to PM us you just have to click on my name and then select PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Aman_B

Hey @halfgallon, we did have an issue where the registrations for some customers was cancelled. If you can reply back with your service number then I can check and confirm if the service is registered for EPL.

Aman_B

Hey @halfgallon, this would be the service your EPL is connected to. If it's mobile then it's the mobile number.

halfgallon

Why were they cancelled ? Seems Optus is having a lot of "issues" . On demand issues, live streaming issues, customer service issues & yet they thrreaten me with a big payout fee if I cancel my subscriptions. I did sign a contract, but its Optus who is failing to meet their obligations , not me.

[ Edited ]
Aman_B

halfgallon

No, my mobile subscription was also cancelled &  I should still have had a subscription through my home & internet after I sent the Fetch TV back . I spent an hour on the phone the previous week going through it after I received an email saying my  EPL subscription was no longer valid , I cancelled Fetch TV, not EPL subscription. I only got Fetch TV because a salesperson at Optus told me that if I paid the extra $15 per month for the Fetch TV then Optus would boost my internet speed, which turned out to be a complete & utter lie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
3 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo