cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why has Optus blocked playback in Windows 10 Mobile?

Previously I could use the sport.optus.com.au website to watch the EPL through Edge on my Windows Mobile (which Optus sell). Although it was blocked when Edge was set to mobile, it did work if you set the browser to use the desktop setting.

It now appears that an update to the Website has blocked the ability to watch the stream at all, no matter what setting is used.

It should not be blocked at all, even when the string is set the mobile, as the stream works. So can someone at Optus please explain why the stream is now ACTIVELY blocked on the browser for devices you sell? That seems a bit off to me, as someone clearly made a decision to artificially limit availability.

6 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Why has Optus blocked playback in Windows 10 Mobile?

Hey @dgaust, I've not seen this before! Just emailed your comment off to the EPL guys for clarification.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes! and please tell them to create a Windows Universal app

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey - has there been any update on this please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No updates at this stage 😞 Currently Windows 10 Edge browser is only supported when run on your PC. As per link here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is still working for me on my Lumia 950; set to either Desktop or Mobile. I just tried it and watched one of the weekend wrap-up shows.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

At least you found a way to watch without the actual App 🙂 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors