cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
FrankS
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why are ALL replays not available morning after?

I've watched oyour delayed live service. Didn't complain. I struggle through the app hang ups. Didn't complain. The buffering problems when you clearly were not geared up for demand. No complaints. I thought at the very least I could watch replays without a hitch.

I have woken to watch a replay of Stoke Spurs from overnight but it is not included in the Replays section. Other games played at the same time are. What possible reason could you have for not having all games available for replay at the same time?

17 Replies
mikeyjames2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why are ALL replays not available morning after?

Really good question. I wanted to watch Tottenham this morning and all I got was some crappy quality 4 minute highlights package.

This is becoming a joke. The only positive is it's free at the moment. If I was paying for this rubbish I would have cancelled by now.

0 Kudos
BishBashBoris
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm disapointed with this.  they should at least offer extended highlights of the games where no full replay is being given.  I was also unaware that not all games would be available on demand.  They're saying that they only have licence for 290 games on demand this season?  There are 380 EPL games in total, this is not going to end well.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Really sorry guys but Boris is correct, the rights only allow 290 of the 380 games to be shown on-demand, the 90 games that aren't available will be shared between teams as the season progresses.

You can catch these games on replay. Stoke/Spurs was replayed today at 07:00 and again tomorrow at 14:00 and Wednesday at 17:00. 

You can also check the Optus Sport app or sport.optus.com.au to see which upcoming games will/won't be available on-demand.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
mikeyjames2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

And how are we supposed to know this stuff in advance.

BTW - really great times you pick to replay the game. 7am in a Sunday, and then during hours most people are at work.

I've noticed that ManU, ManC, Chelsea, Arse, seem to always do okay with on demand.

If this service doesn't improve there is no way in the world I'll be spending money on it next season. I'll go back to downloading great HD torrents the day after the match.

0 Kudos
SpringwoodSpur
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Agree, as a Spurs supporter I also got up to watch the game on demand and all the other games are there except the Spurs V Stoke game, what a let down.  The replays available on the Fetch Mini (cannot record), are on at times when I am at work.  So how can you watch the game? #optusfail

0 Kudos
SpringwoodSpur
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So the replays are on when everyone is at work?  No Spurs V Stoke but can watch Bournemouth V WBA (yawn!)

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Unfortunately unless you have Fetch Gen 2 or Mighty (available with home internet) you can't record these games without using your own PVR.

I share your frustration, I'm a Cherries fan and we were the first team to not have a game on-demand but at least it's fair and shared between all teams.

I have emailed the EPL guys to see if we can post a thread before the games each weekend to let people know what games aren't on-demand and when they can catch the replays. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SpringwoodSpur
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why not use the Optus Sport Channel 2-8 (not just Optus Sport 1) and replay all the games over and over, so you dont get the ridiculous scenario of certian games (i.e. Spurs V Stoke), replays all being on during work hours?  Optus Sport 2 etc are sittign there idol outside of live games, so use those channels to replay games.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Great question and certainly makes sense to me. I'll have to check with the programming guys to see why this isn't  utilised.

Also I've just heard back about posting threads with replay times etc, they've advised to keep an eye on this page for all VOD updates, the replay times aren't listed currently but this may be something we can add moving forward.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors